1JTHL6576GT164136

TeKdo

1986 Jeep Comanche X

20231211_205553.jpg?ex=65a8489c&is=6595d39c&hm=7d41f6af3ef3a7e8385c4ce8749c909ce1213d45ef5f4023c4df87d070ca7a7e&

AMC 2.5L (150CI) / AX5 / NP207 / Dana 30 Front / Dana 35 Non-C-Clip Rear / Long Wheelbase

Build Date: Don't Know, Door sticker is a little worse for wear
Current Location: Vancouver, Washington

Status: Running-ish. Road Registered and driving after 20 years of sitting but things like to expire

Notes:
Long Range Gas Tank (~20 Gal According to the Pump)
Factory Trac Lok Limited Slip Diff (According to the diff tag and chart)
Vinyl Bench Seat
Brown Interior

Tinted Rear Glass
Split Sliding Rear Window

Sweet Orange Pinstripe
"Navy" Blue? (It's darker than the other blue ones I've seen and that's what grandpa said the color was)

The Vacuum CAD still works really good somehow

Mods:
H6054 to H4 Conversion with Accompanying Relay Addition (No more hot headlight switch)
Eye Melter 9000 Bulbs (Hella 90/130w Bulbs)
Old Napa Fog Lights

Current Owner:

Me. I actually attempt to drive this truck as my daily whenever it works. Last couple times I've taken it out it didn't go so hot though. Blew the original AX5 and swapped in another one that I rebuilt out of a TJ...and right after that the Clutch Master Exploded because of course that's the one thing I didn't change when I did the trans. But, still love the truck and I love how it looks. This truck was originally my grandfather's. It's the first vehicle he ever purchased new. Originally bought somewhere in northern California (Either Sacramento, Stockton, or Redding) in '86 when grandpa wanted a little 4 cylinder truck to haul full size wood sheets from the store back to his house for projects. He daily drove this truck until the late 90's when he was T-Boned by a lady. Truck was down for a couple years and re-registered in '00 as a salvaged vehicle. The truck then got passed around as a little mule for whoever needed it in the family until it was parked in '07 or '08 because my uncle slammed the thing into 4L going down the freeway (probably why the stock AX5 grenaded on me all those years later). After that I know it got an NP207 from a junkyard which was rebuilt and stuck back into the truck. After that grandpa did a couple small jobs on the truck because it never ran quite right after the whole 4L incident. He threw a new fuel pump in, redid all of the emissions equipment (Needed in California for Registration) and then just stopped working on the truck all together until I started working on it in 2022. I got the truck running again after all this time and brought it up to Washington with me so that it could be my mule. I love this truck and I remember playing in it and it's old camper as a kid for the longest time (abandoned the camper in California with my uncle because it was FUBAR, too much damaged fiberglass and a broke lock...plus I didn't really like how it looked on the truck and the trasporter wouldn't transport it to Washington with the rear glass flapping in the wind). Looking forward to slowly bringing this thing back a little nicer than before but, she's never gonna see a full restoration...it's just too good of a little work truck to make completely nice!

I totally understand not wanting to do a full resto.  had the same quandary with my MJ trailer and went with a simple "refresh" on the bed so I'll never hesitate using it as the work trailer that it is. :D 

*ZZ TRIM STYLE ZZ - PLASTIC BUCKET SEAT
-ZZ  
AJT RADIO PREP GROUP
AJY Popular Equipment Package
BAC 75 AMP ALTERNATOR
BCQ Battery - 750 Amp Maintenance Free
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
CKA CARPETS - CLASS I SHORT PILE 8 - 12 OZ
DDQ Transmission - 5-Speed Manual
DSA LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
EPD ENGINE - 2.5L I4 TBI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
HC0 All Vehicles W/O Air Cond
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JAY Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JFH TACHOMETER - MECH
JGB Clock - Digital
JHA WINDSHIELD WIPERS - DELUXE
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
K60 BODY SIDE MLDGS - VINYL
LAP FUEL ECONOMY SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
MFD BRIGHT GRILLE - TYPE I
NAE EMISS CONTROL TESTING &&&& LABEL
NFA TANK - 20 GAL FUEL
NMB ENGINE COOLING - STANDARD DUTY
SBA POWER STEERING
SCE STRG WHL - EURO/SPORT TYPE
SUA TILT STEERING COLUMN

Build Date 2/25/86

Body Model JM62

That would be I. I’m glad my nephew was able to get it. I had little to no time to help my dad get it back on the road. 
If anyone is interested in the camper shell, hit me up. 

😊