Disposing of a vehicle...

Well, the time has come for me to get rid of the 86. It is infested with black widows and has most likely nothing of value to me.

Problem is I took the leaf springs out, and all the front steering. I'm contemplaiting grabbing the 2wd front axle to for the brake parts, and if I upgrade from my D30 in the future I'll have a 'template' so to speak for the arm mounts. SO how the heck am I supposed to move it without axles? All the people I've phoned have been like "Nope, gotta be on tires" but I figure as long as it's a roller I can get it on the flatbed that the wrecker (the one I've made rich) can haul it away. So, how should I go about doing this? I've got two D35s that I was going to sell, but don't really care for the hassel, so, should I just slip them under there and use a liberal amount of duct tape to make things work? Or is there a wayyyyyy better way?

Yeah, not really tech, but w/e.

Any junkyard with a roll-back (flatbed) should be able to haul it away for you. I've got an XJ sitting on the tub that I'll eventually have to haul away for scrap, it'll be interesting to say the least when we winch it up onto a trailer. We'll then fill it full of D30 and D35 housings and other junk parts and hopefully get a decent dime at the scrapyard.

Wow, that is hard to believe. The scrap guy here doesn't want those round black things under it.

The last two times they came with a flatbed and drug the cherokee bodies off the concrete and onto the bed. The first time though, they thought they would get me to do the cutting, by dropping a swing-off box in my yard. We got an endloader to drop the body in the box whole. They were not happy with me.

There's no eco-fee to return the tires here, don't know if you have one. I think they actually get something for the recyclable rubber. But I think they want it to roll just to get it on the flatbed easier...

There is one guy who would do it, but I can't find him or his number. He's one of those crusher guys.

This is so annoying though! It's just got to roll and be able to be winched up onto the tilt bed. I've contemplaited those dollies that you're supposed to put under tires and some blocks of wood perhaps.

I bought the 78 Bronco for the drivetrain, so getting the carcass to the scrapyard was a challenge to say the least. I ended up deciding to cut the body and frame up into pieces small enough to haul away. It was actually kinda fun seeing how that rust-bucket was put together. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete