Parking brake assembly

I have seen various post regards to this, mostly how to repair a broken on.

My fot parking/e-brake assembly is not in the car, it was used as a spare one in another mj.

As far as i understand this are hard to get parts. 

So my question is if anyone have tried installing an assembly from any other car?

It should be possible to modifying one from a yj/cj?

Or maybe another witch is more similar?

If you can't find any, check if you can fit a Mercedes e-brake unit. As one of the few European cars, Mercedes still uses the e-brake pedal system.

Here in Norway, it is easier to find gold than a Comanche at the scrap yard.😊

seems like the guys in norway should put together a wish list of needed parts so they can combine shipping costs. :L:   it's not impossible to ship overseas, it just costs a lot for that single part.  I once shipped 2 pair of KJ tow hooks to a guy in England and he sold the second pair right away to cover the entirety of the costs and got free hooks.  :D   

16 hours ago, Pete M said:

seems like the guys in norway should put together a wish list of needed parts so they can combine shipping costs. :L:   it's not impossible to ship overseas, it just costs a lot for that single part.  I once shipped 2 pair of KJ tow hooks to a guy in England and he sold the second pair right away to cover the entirety of the costs and got free hooks.  :D   

Good idea.
Here in Norway, we have to plan when we need parts.😊 Over the years I have stored 3 parts cars, 2 XJ's and a ZJ, but when specific MJ parts are needed I have to improvise and customize.

I think I have read somewhere that it was imported 80 Comanches to Norway, how many are left on the roads is unknown. Personally I have never seen any except for mine.