Auto Zone

CEThomas

I got a surprise over the weekend. I went to auto zone and got a lower ball joint (Duralast) for my Capri and he gave me a "circle parts" box :roll: When I went to install it I seen Dana and MADE in the USA on the box :eek:

Wth is a "circle parts box"?

I got a surprise over the weekend. I went to auto zone and got a lower ball joint (Duralast) for my Capri and he gave me a "circle parts" box :roll: When I went to install it I seen Dana and MADE in the USA on the box :eek:

Wth is a "circle parts box"?

Circle Parts is Dana'a discount brand, a lot of it is not made in the USA :cry:

I have maybe bought 4 things from Napa that were made overseas. Most are US, CA and Mex.

I used to buy NAPA all the time, then they started to cheep some things up to keep the price down. I put 2 NAPA ball joints in my truck a few years ago and they both were gonein under a year. NAPA gave me new ones and they lasted just over 2 yrs :cry:

Depending on what you have, you can not count on OEM parts for older trucks.

About 2 yrs ago the fuel pump on my 96 Ram went out. When I went to replace it, I damaged the plastic fuel line going to the pump. I thought I would just go to Dodge and save the trouble of trying to get something from Auto Zone :roll:

I went into Dodge and told him what I needed and he looked at me and said that it was to old of a truck and go to NAPA or Auto Zone :eek: I told him that the truck was only 9yrs old, then he told me that anything older then 7yrs was hard to get parts for, big "C" did not like to keep a big stock of old parts around:nuts: About 2 weeks later I went to GM and got a new seat frame for a 13yr old truck w/o any problem.

I went into Dodge and told him what I needed and he looked at me and said that it was to old of a truck and go to NAPA or Auto Zone :eek: I told him that the truck was only 9yrs old, then he told me that anything older then 7yrs was hard to get parts for, big "C" did not like to keep a big stock of old parts around:nuts: About 2 weeks later I went to GM and got a new seat frame for a 13yr old truck w/o any problem.

WAHOO GO GENERAL MOTORS