1JTHX6311HT178353

MississippiComanche

My dad bought this Comanche for me back in 2005 when I was 14 years old. It was my daily driver during high school and I gave the truck back to my dad when I went to college. He died a few years ago and I moved the truck back to my house. Truck is still running but needs a lot of electrical work. 

1987 Comanche Base 4x4 2.5L 4cyl. 4 speed manual transmission. 

Current Location: North Mississippi

Status: Still running and parked in my driveway . Needs electrical work and general checkup of all components. Mainly use as hunting and fishing truck and hauling items around town. Does not go on highways. 

Green but I don't think it was the original paintjob. I believe the owner before I got it repainted it. I think the original color may have been grey or silver based on paint chip layers. 

Currently trying to diagnose gas gauge, blinkers not working, and other indicator lights not working. I'm also performing electric fan conversion, floor pan replacement, door vent window replacement, and valve cover replacement over the next few weeks. As soon as I finish those items I'm installing new suspension, touchscreen single din android headunit, speakers, windshield, window seals, and wheels/tires. Rear axle also needs some tlc. I'm hoping to have majority of these tackled over next 2-3 months. 

Hopefully after I get all of this completed I will be able to focus on body aesthetics...repairing dents/dings, and give it a new paint job. 

I've pondered doing the 87 to 97 dash swap....but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle. I'm looking to ruggedize and modernzie certain components on the Comanche but not sure what benefit other than aesthetics that I would gain from the dash swap.  

No description available.

I got all my gauges working now. The 88 electrical manual is the best thing I've found here. 

Since reading around I've figured out that dash swap is not gonna happen without engine swap. 

I have the dummy gauge cluster....so I'm hunting for one with tach to swap with but been having a tough time finding one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Body: jl61

Build: 06/05/87

Selling Dealer: Foster AMC - Jeep

Memphis, TN

*X1 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -H9 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE APA MONOTONE PAINT
BCQ MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY CBA STRAIGHT BACK BENCH SEAT CGX RR HEAD RESTRAINTS OUTBOARD SEATING
CKA CARPETS - FLOOR AND CARGO AREA DCK DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE EPD DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
GAC TINTED GLASS WINDOWS GFD REAR SLIDING WINDOW GTZ MANUAL REMOTE MIRRORS
HAA AIR CONDITIONING HCC DO NOT USE - SEE HCA JHA VAR INTERMITTENT WINDSHIELD WIPERS
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER LAP SHIFT INDICATOR WARNING LAMP LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ BLACK FRONT BUMPER MD8 DELETE FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET NAA FEDERAL EMISSIONS
NMB STANDARD DUTY ENGINE COOLING PXJ   QXJ  
SBA POWER STEERING TBG COMPACT SPARE TIRE WMC OPEN