Rev hang issue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve tested TPS, MAT, CTS, and power steering switch. And replaced O2, ISA, and all the vacuum lines. I’ve removed my throttle cable and lubed it. While I was doing that I also sprayed intake cleaner around the throttle body to check for any manifold leaks. I can’t find anything wrong. Where do I go from here? 

Yes, you should. For some reason that particular ground is especially sensitive on the 4 bangers. 

I'd re-do that and all the connectors and other grounds just so you know it's done. I'd even ADD a ground there in conjunction with the crappy braided one. 

You've read my Tips 1 through 5 right? 

Hmmmmmmmmm

from Tip 1:

The Renix era XJs and MJs were built with an under-engineered grounding system for the engine/transmission electronics. One problem in particular involves the multiple ground connection at the engine dipstick tube stud. A poor ground here can cause a multitude of driveabililty issues, wasted time, failed emission tests, and wasted money replacing components unnecessarily.

All the components listed below ground at the dipstick tube stud:

Distributor Sync Sensor, TCU main ground, TCU “Shift Point Logic”, Ignition Control Module, Fuel Injectors, ECU main ground (which other engine sensors ground through, including the Oxygen sensor, Knock Sensor, Cruise Control and Transmission Sync signal. All extremely important stuff.