88 Pioneer at the Junkyard

Warren99

Ashtrays in the rear door panels?  Not sure I've ever seen those before.

The chrome front and rear bumpers, if good, would be something someone would eventually buy.  Also, if that's a factory hitch, it might be worth grabbing- but also the factory nut plates that hold the hitch on.  The nut plates are inside the unibody channel, and you have to pull the rear bumper, and the hitch, to get them out.  You can tell if it has them because the hitch will be held on with bolts.  If there are studs sticking out of the unibody, and the hitch is held on with nuts, then those are carriage bolts and steel plates in there that have to be fished in.  Reproduction hitch nut plates go for $40-$100 a pair and work on XJs all the way to 2001.

Also, if that's a factory hitch, it may have the factory trailer wiring adapter.  It is a plug and play deal.  The connectors are behind the rear quarter panel, behind the spare tire.  There will be a relay pack, often covered in a padded jute or foam wrap.  The harness will run through a rubber grommet in the lower inner fender body panel to the trailer plug. Even if the 7 way trailer plug is trashed, a newer one can be spliced on, the trick method is to get a late model Chrysler/Jeep 7 way plug that has a weather shielded harness plug in on the back side and splice that in.  Then the trailer connector itself can be easily replaced if it is damaged.  The only thing is the connectors on the adapters changed over the years, so it may only work on those very early models, which limits the selling market somewhat.

I don't know how I completely forgot about the sending unit. But as far as the XJ goes, I'd love to grab all kinds of stuff but I'm 18 still living with my parents and they wouldn't be too thrilled about me bringing a lot of parts home to just sit and wait for someone to buy them. I still may be able to grab some stuff tho.

1 minute ago, Warren99 said:

I don't know how I completely forgot about the sending unit. But as far as the XJ goes, I'd love to grab all kinds of stuff but I'm 18 still living with my parents and they wouldn't be too thrilled about me bringing a lot of parts home to just sit and wait for someone to buy them. I still may be able to grab some stuff tho.

I can appreciate that situation.  Collecting parts to sell can be a slippery slope to end up being a hoarder anyway LOL.  Perhaps your best course would be just to pull parts if someone has offered to buy.  But be careful, I've had a few situations where someone offered to buy but backed out after I got the part.  Small parts like the emblems would be easy to pull and store.

1 minute ago, schardein said:

I can appreciate that situation.  Collecting parts to sell can be a slippery slope to end up being a hoarder anyway LOL.  Perhaps your best course would be just to pull parts if someone has offered to buy.  But be careful, I've had a few situations where someone offered to buy but backed out after I got the part.  Small parts like the emblems would be easy to pull and store.

Yea that's what I was thinking.

9 minutes ago, TheGhostLight said:

Am I too late to the game?  If not I'd like the driver side mirror, inside trim piece driver side above 

window and if it has it, the trim piece behind seat below rear window.

I can always go back. Not for a bit though. I don't remember for certain if the mirror's plastic piece was still in 1 piece or not. And are you talking about the A pillar trim? And the trim piece behind the seat was there, as well as the carpet panel if you want that too.