WTB: KJ cruise control switch

mjeff87

Might be a longshot, but I'm looking for an 02-03 KJ cruise control switch that has the silver trim.  Part # 56010359AB.

I tried Googling for it, can't find any except a couple ratted out ones on eBay and 57 other websites that are written in every other language but English (WTF?).  I know a couple of you guys have access to dealership inventory, maybe you can find one somewhere (?)

TIA,

Jeff

20230713_140206.jpg

20230713_140220.jpg

I've only seen them on Limited models, not the Sports.  The whole interior trim package is that silver color (both cruise buttons on the wheel, the radio/HVAC bezel, shifter bezel, and the little door switch bezels.  And I've learned I need a switch from either an 02 or 03 (mine's an 02).  04+ switches look the same but don't work for whatever reason.

To get to the switch, there are two 8mm bolts holding the airbag in, remove from the back of the steering wheel.  Then one phillips screw holding the switch in, and unplug the little 2-wire connector.  Takes about a minute, lol.

Thanks all!

ETA:  and it has to be from a gasser KJ, not a diesel.  Oil burners have a different CC system.

4 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

I've only seen them on Limited models, not the Sports.  The whole interior trim package is that silver color (both cruise buttons on the wheel, the radio/HVAC bezel, shifter bezel, and the little door switch bezels.  And I've learned I need a switch from either an 02 or 03 (mine's an 02).  04+ switches look the same but don't work for whatever reason.

To get to the switch, there are two 8mm bolts holding the airbag in, remove from the back of the steering wheel.  Then one phillips screw holding the switch in, and unplug the little 2-wire connector.  Takes about a minute, lol.

Thanks all!

ETA:  and it has to be from a gasser KJ, not a diesel.  Oil burners have a different CC system.

The lettering is faded, is that an issue?

Thats about what I see on ebay.  I appreciate it it, but thats pretty hashed.

If you did grab it for me, ill take it though. PM me for my address and ill get some saw bucks headed your way.:L:

Hold the phone.  Belay my last. 

I'm almost too embarrassed to say this, but the switch isn't my problem.  I had the hood up on her this morning checking fluids, and happened to notice that the wiring connector on the vacuum servo looked a little off kilter.  I pushed it up a bit and it snapped into place, and I now have CC again, lol.

stopped by one yard so far.  out of 8 KJs there was one candidate but it looked like someone hit it with a hammer a few times.  :fistshake2:  hoping to visit a couple more 'yards this weekend (I'm hunting for other things too, but honestly who needs any more of an excuse to go to a junkyard than my buddy needs a matching cruise control switch :laugh: ).

That's about what I'm finding around here Pete.....if I do find a unicorn silver one it's not worth grabbing.

My cruise is working fine now though, once I actually plugged the actuator in....:dunce: