Trailer tire/wheel question

Smokeyyank

I have a trailer project I picked up a bit ago and finally getting around to getting it going. It badly needs new tires so I got some 31x10.5r15, current ones are a 33x12.5r15. I got the old tires pulled off and looking at the rim they are wide af. Look like a 10-12" wide wheel. Tried to measure but wasn't able to get a solid measurement.  My question is can I put the 10.5 tire on a 10" wheel? This is a fix and flip I'm not going to keep it. In reading some things it shouldn't be an issue but was just wondering. Trailer it self isn't huge or heavy, came with a MJ bed (the main reason I bought it) and it's main purpose is a overland trailer. Thoughts? 

This is the best pic I have of it but it's stripped to the frame. 

xetAIFWl.jpg 

I’d also check your local classifieds for some cheap junk wheels and tires that hold air. You might also get lucky at a junkyard. If not a pair, you should be able to find a matching set of three and have a spare to go with the trailer. 

10-inch rims are too wide for those tires. The ideal would be 8-inch, but all the factory XJ/MJ rims are 7-inch except for the base model wheels with the rectangular slots -- those are 6-inch, which are too narrow for 31 x 10.50s. The 7-inch Jeep rims work well with 31s if you have any of those.

Thanks for the info. I looked for some used tires but was almost as expensive as buying new tires, I got 3 new tires for about $350. My problem with wheels was the offset. The trailer axles are narrow and if I don't have a deep offset it will put the track very narrow. I would use some XJ wheels but I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is 5x5.5. Trailer was a homemade one and I think the guy used to tow in behind a CJ.   

Went to discount, it's a odd size, almost 11" wide, so definite no go and I don't want to put bigger tires on. Found some cheap steelies so will wait for those and try to get this thing built. Thanks again for the feedback.