Officially Addicted............or Insane

WahooSteeler

Well, today marks the day I have crossed the line to addiction or insanity. Why? Because as of @330pm, I now own my second Manche in less than 4 months. How, because of rockhardz Craiglist thread that I clicked through starting JUST LAST NIGHT!

I have an 88 Laredo w/burgundy buckets and I've been searching high and low for a replacement bottom seat cover for my driver side bucket, in the mass produced (NOT!) color of burgundy/maroon. Now, I've messaged or called probably 50 salvage yards off of car-parts.com, posted several WTB's here and on Jeepforum, all to no avail, whether for the whole seat or just the covers. (Sorry Masscrawler, you told me over a month ago you had some from the PreRunner but I couldn't wait any longer for your pics.........but I'd still like to see them! ha!) I have also desparately looked for a factory chrome rear and some trim pieces. So last night I see on our Craiglist link an 87 Laredo with the exact buckets I need........less than 20 mins from where I live..........$750 asking price for the whole truck. I email and voicemail with anticipation last night, get the call today, go see it at 2pm.

Well, what I find is a two-tone maroon and gray (uh, like mine) 87 Laredo, 2WD, 230k 4cyl, 5spd Blewzho, D35, full electric pkg, full gauge pkg, a/c, bucketed full consoled 99.7% RUST FREE trizzuck, and oh yeah, 5 spoke alloys.

Now the pics here are with my cell phone, it was an overcast day spitting snow, and I did not make any adjustments to the camera. But hopefully you can see this truck truly almost NO rust. The magnet test passed everywhere except the last 1 1/2"s of the driver side floor board right under the pedal area, and somebody had already hit the inside with that heavy black sealer. There was a little bubbling along the bottom edge of the left rear rocker behind the rear wheel. That's it!

Now the engine's got issues, either burnt valves or something bad because it runs really rough, stalls a lot, and blows black smoke, but I didn't buy it for the engine. So check it out, tell me what you think. After I collect some parts for myself I am not sure whether to part this truck, because there are a ton of good ones, like the bed!, get a donor motor and sell it, or just sell it as is. It will still be very intact, and at this point I'd hate to part it because it's just in too good of shape to chop up. As for price, well I'll say that I got a very good deal IMO, definitely under the asking price.

Sorry the pics are so bad. I just previewed them and obviously my settings were way off from the last time I took pics w/my phone.

Go to to check out a lot more pics.

Image Not Found

holy crap, hornbrod's gonna be all over that thing with all the chrome on it :D

Your tranny is an AX5, not a puke-goat, if that makes you feel any better.

You seem a bit, ummm.....excited :cheers: We can fix the 2WD issue in a hot minute.

Merry Christmas, to you! Nice find.

Jeff

Glad I could be of assistance. Makes me happy every time someone tells me their success story. I've added more lists for other Jeeps too, and I can make lists for just about any kind of thing you can possibly imagine on craigslist. I can also change it for other types of websites as well, similar to craigslist, so long as they have an RSS feed available.

holy crap, hornbrod's gonna be all over that thing with all the chrome on it :D

Your tranny is an AX5, not a puke-goat, if that makes you feel any better.

You seem a bit, ummm.....excited :cheers: We can fix the 2WD issue in a hot minute.

Merry Christmas, to you! Nice find. Jeff

Yes, Christmas comes early for some. :mad: Seriously, super find Wahoosteeler, and congrats. That is a real Laredo, much more rare than the Eliminators. The tweed-looking bucket and door panel upholstery was only used in the Laredo. LWB, right? I'd be interested in the body side moldings if you're not going to use them. I got my MJ way back when in your neck of the woods in Brookneal, VA from the original owners daughter. He kept it in a barn for it's entire life and it was perfect. Wasn't a Laredo though........