The oil percolation situation

I know that there has already been a great deal of threads regarding oil leaks. However, they are all old and seem to address specific leaks.

So a couple of weeks ago I finally attempted to disable the Jeep automatic chassis lubrication system. For the last couple of years my truck has been covering my block/transmission/driveway/starter/ect in oil. So in order to remedy this I changed my valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket and rear main seal. I also found that the ccv hose towards the front of the cover was cracked and not plugged into my air box, so I replaced that with a crankcase breather filter. I also checked the line on the back and it was flowing fine. So while I was at it I powerwashed and completely cleaned the valve cover. So it should be breathing well.

It still leaks oil. Now there is a good chance that it is still the rear main seal since when I was putting in the top half, at the very end it sliced off just a hair of the rubber. I assume that was excess rubber since it went in very tightly. So before I blame that, I wanted to check everything else that could possibly be leaking. The oil leak has definatly slowed, and the o-ring on the back ccv hose is leaking, so that could very well be it, but what else should I check? The main reason I don't think it is the RMS is because it didn't leak for a couple of days after fixing this, seems if this was the problem it would have leaked from the get go. But if it was the O-ring it would have had to spray out and make its way down the block. Thoughts?

well i would grab your ratchet and double check that all the bolts are snug as they may have loosened up when the motor was running

i'm not sure if you meant me or him but either way re-snugging all the bolts is a good idea :smart: ... i wish that was my problem :cry: