follow the lyrics......

mjeff87

Let's see who all knows this.....I been playing the CD (remade from LP and cassette originally :oops: ) in the TJ since I got it. The artist may be more familiar to the west coast/rocky mountain guys.

"It was the dark of the moon, on the 6th of June....."

"Silverton Train"

"It's a long lonesome road"

"Old home filler up and keep on a truckin' cafe"

and just then, the fully aluminated, chrome plated, gen-U-ine accessory shift knob came right off in his hand......

ahh, memories. My older brother by eight years, who mostly raised me as a youngen, had a CB way back in the day. I used to ride around with him and his buddies. His handle was Power Mike (real name was Mike) for the longest time, then changed it to crackers. Me being the younger brother, got the handle "crumbs" given to me ;)

Ask me what I had for dinner last night, and I couldn't remember it to save my life. Ask me to sing a CW McCall song, and I could be on a reality TV show right now.....funny what sticks in your brain, huh Joe?

:cheers:

Jeff

Oh yea, that it is. I'm the same way, can't remember what I did yesterday, but can remember thinking I was a stuntman on my bike when I was 5 years old trying to stand on the seat with no hands and falling flat on my face.

Oh, I'm also the same way with songs, if I hear them more than once, I can pretty much remember them.

Let's see who all knows this.....I been playing the CD (remade from LP and cassette originally :oops: ) in the TJ since I got it. The artist may be more familiar to the west coast/rocky mountain guys.

"It was the dark of the moon, on the 6th of June....."

I always like this part,

"There's armored cars and tanks and jeeps and rigs of every size" jamminz.gif

:cheers:

In eighteen-fourteen we took a little trip

Along with Colonel Jackson down the might Mississipp'

We took a little bacon and we took a little beans

O yeah and I am only 26 the older guys on this board sould be all over this. And maybe some of the younger guys.

"Conquistador...your stallion sits, in need of company......"

Up the ante a bit ;)

Hint, it's not the same genre of music thus far discussed in the thread, but classic (IMHO :cheers: )

Jeff

That one, I didn't know, so I cheated and googled it. :oops: I won't reveal the answer since I did cheat, but I do have to correct you on the lyrics a bit. It goes, your stallion stands in need of company, not sits. ;)

From the rest of the lyrics, it seems like it'd be another good one.

:Canadaflag: Commonly called the Moody Blues where I'm from Harum Procol made a VERY nice bunch of "progressive rock" stuff

I see several of their songs posted on Utube.

My turn:And if you fall for her lies

In a while you will find

You can dance, you can sing

Like a puppet on a string

But you ain't in control

Of a single thing

Changed my mind (it was too easy) jamminz.gif

Added bonus music:

http://www.geocities.com/trooperlyrics/title.htm

Guess which song was well known in the US during the '80s as a theme song?

Changed my mind (it was too easy)

Crazy Talk / Chiliwack 1974 (The year I was in 11th grade) As a former jukebox mechanic I was really bummed when a game I could always win, hands down, no competition, was destroyed by Google. One of my favorites was, "What's the real name of the song we all know as the theme from MASH"?

Back to the start of the thread: A few hours ago I was "headed for Bear on I One-O 'bout a mile outta Shakey Town"...

You missed one! Boys in the bright white sportscar was the theme for the first season of Miami Vice.

CW McCall did a LOT of great truckin songs.

Edit:

Tried to remember a song from just a couple years ago about a guy who bought a car and found a letter from the previous owner (who died in Nam I think) and it was called riding with Private Malone (took some googling to figure it out)

http://www.minibite.com/america/malone.htm