Project Rattlecan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little life update. I just moved from Boulder, CO to Portland, ME. Very excited to be living in New England. My girlfriend got a great job opportunity up here that she couldn't pass and it wasn't hard for her to convince me to come with as I love it up in New England.

The other good news is that I couldn't abandon the MJ so I towed her with me!

PXL_20230620_175749586.jpg.2a0f275f066fdbb2528d7f1e82a2cc23.jpgPXL_20230620_175744017.jpg.8f31dc6aa9632952b64152c30d03da3d.jpg

She did great! Lots of miles between Colorado and Maine but she towed behind with no problems. I also removed the rear driveshaft and put on the old tires and wheels in the rear to prevent less wear and tear :L:

Only downside to all of this, as many of you guys know, is the whole rust situation. Thankfully I've got some time to prep the truck before the salt starts showing up on the road but definitely something I'll have to address soon. Possibly a winter daily to drive? Idk if the GF will be on board with another car but we shall see lol.

Wow. That’s quite the move. Good thing you kept the Comanche. Would have been a shame to sell after all the work you have done to her. Good luck getting settled in. Hopefully you find another cool boss. Or even better a house with a shop to work on the MJ! 

1 hour ago, WranglerMangler said:

Wow. That’s quite the move. Good thing you kept the Comanche. Would have been a shame to sell after all the work you have done to her. Good luck getting settled in. Hopefully you find another cool boss. Or even better a house with a shop to work on the MJ! 

Thanks man! Yeah I'm hoping to start applying for an auto shop here pretty soon. Don't know if I'll get lucky with another cool boss to work on my stuff but we shall see!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 5:08 PM, WranglerMangler said:

It’s been a while, how did your move go? Getting settled in? Find a new job yet? How is Rattlecan liking the new climate? 

Thanks for checking in man! I apologize for the lack of post as my life has been very hectic the past few months.

Jeep is doing absolutely phenomenal! I'm actually incredibly impressed with how well it's doing. I use it to commute into Portland, (which is 35min away from where I live) almost everyday. I've been putting a decent amount of miles on it and it seems to be loving it haha.

I think one of my favorite things about moving here is that I have at least one person everyday rolls their window down to tell me how cool it is to see an old jeep truck still driving around! Mainers definitely respect the old trucks around here! 

Unfortunately I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the truck because I've been so busy at work but I'm hoping come winter time I'll be able to buy another car to commute in during the salt season and then hopefully find a local shop around here that I can work on the truck. We shall see.