My Xbox 360 just died!

JohnQ

ah ha, the red ring of death

this happened to me, I got a launch console and luckly it happened within the 90 day warrenty, contacted microsoft and had to send out my box (they sent me a lable) and then they sent me a new one, i had it happen with the new one but it fixed its self, don't know why but it works so I won't question it.

I think if you contact microsoft they will help you out, they said they would fix it free of charge if it was manufactured before XXXX date (not sure of when)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_t ... l_problems

"On July 5, 2007, the Vice-President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division published an open letter recognizing the problem and announcing a 3 years warranty expansion for every Xbox 360 console that experiences the general hardware failure indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console."

Hope you can get if all fixed up,

Jonathan

I went through 3 Xbox 360s before I got sick of messing with all the hassle and sold it. Now I will be getting a PS3 or Wii since most systems no longer have exclusive titles anymore anyways. Until 360 gets an exculsive game that I have to have I will not buy another, and I don't see one coming out anytime soon. Not a Halo fan so don't bother saying that that is why I need one.

My 3rd 360 got the ring of death on an audio cd... I think that states how poor it was made.

Alex

My 3rd 360 got the ring of death on an audio cd... I think that states how poor it was made.

From what I've seen, it seems like a heat issue.

Shouldn't have been one with any of mine. Had em all sittin on laptop cooling pads, which were in turn sitting on an old metal wire frame milk crate. So plenty of air all around the system. Found a place that could install liquid cooled system into the 360 since there is a lot of free room inside, but decided not too since selling it was just easier.

I will say though that those dumb power bricks sure got hot... :headpop: And the noise those fans/rom drive would make... just bad over all.

Alex

I can't complain too much, I got mine for free from a Mt. Dew cap and I've had it since November 05 with no issues until now.

It's main duty has been a DVD player, so now I have to hook up my old X-box so my family can watch some movies.

I found a place on the web to get her repaired for under $100, Plus I am getting a PS3 after X-mas! :D

the ring of death happened to one of my buddies 360s, so i took it off his hands. plugged it in, didn't work. so i took it apart checked everything out made sure nothing was fried, put it back together and it started working. next day it quite. took it apart again put some stuff on some chips to help reduce the heat, left the cover off of it, and it worked fine, every time i fired 'er up it would work without any problems. when i put the casing back on was when i started having problems again. my pa's a very skilled electronic tech. he's supposed to check it out but hasn't had the time to do it yet.