HO Dome Light Wiring

My dome lights have been flaky at best... It looks like the black wire isn't hooked up to the Euramtec light at all, should that be connected to the middle terminal on the light? I assume pink is still power, and yellow is the switched ground for the door?

image.jpeg.3cdc8a9bb7bba68b2aade2d0bb9b6d16.jpeg

9 hours ago, acfortier said:

My dome lights have been flaky at best... It looks like the black wire isn't hooked up to the Euramtec light at all, should that be connected to the middle terminal on the light? I assume pink is still power, and yellow is the switched ground for the door?

image.jpeg.3cdc8a9bb7bba68b2aade2d0bb9b6d16.jpeg

It doesn't help that you have the wrong size terminals on your wires. You should use RED ones, those yellow ones are for much thicker gauge wire and may not crimp correctly on your wire, leaving a lot of wiggle room on your connections.

14 hours ago, Airborne Janitor said:

It doesn't help that you have the wrong size terminals on your wires. You should use RED ones, those yellow ones are for much thicker gauge wire and may not crimp correctly on your wire, leaving a lot of wiggle room on your connections.

Yeah, those were already there when I bought the truck. I planned on putting the correct size on.

1 hour ago, Ωhm said:

So, your wired with the PINK wire on one end and the YELLOW wire on the other end. Is this true?? What do you mean by flaky?

Yes, pink was wired to one end, yellow to the other, black wasn’t connected in the middle.

Pushing the light from down to middle to up would induce flickering, at least for one of them.

With this wiring setup, dome lights only worked with door switches or from the headlight switch when the dome light was set to either the UP or DOWN position only? You could NOT turn on each dome light individually using the down_middle_up switch, correct?

• 3 weeks later...

Just put these in on my truck.  Drivers side is working as expected, but passenger side (wired the same) only works in manual mode (moving the light up/down).  When in center position, the door open is not turning it on.  Maybe a bad light module??