Cooling System Upgrades

Maybe I'm getting confused with Eagle stuff, but I seem to recall there being a later model mechanical fan that flows more air than the stock 4.0 Renix one. Maybe it was 97+ with a 4.0?

And isn't there a later model Jeep e-fan that flows more than the Renix e fan? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Airborne Janitor said:

The later model model XJ fan was redesigned, you can tell by the fan blades. I want to say they started this in 97 XJs, but maybe earlier? The pigtails are different compared to the Renix fan, but nothing a soldering iron can't fix.

20170225_174436.jpg.6c85a00583208f8749a07bbd40e857cb.jpg

Thank you sir!

15 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

There is also a higher flow mech fan. I just so happen to have one if you are looking for one. Can’t remember the blade count but I have it sitting out in my shop 

I’m not really looking for one quite yet, but if a deal came along I’d interested if you want to sell it. 

5 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Upgrade mechanical fan clutch is NAPA 272310. 

They tend to be louder than stock and sometimes fit rather close to the radiator. 

I had read about that. My radiator is larger than stock, so I don’t think that it would clear. 

33 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I ran the mishimoto radiator with that clutch and it cleared just fine. That was on stock Mopar engine mounts

Perfect. Thank you, I shall add that to my list. I’ll send you a pm about the fan too.