Amazon Steering Box brace with sector shaft brace install

So I really wanted the Boostwerks steering box brace, but after calling and emailing for two weeks with no response, I gave up. His really does look like the strongest design with the extra two rear holes. (First photo below).

I also am considering a hidden winch mount/steering box brace in the future such as the one that Boostwerks used to sell or BadDadFab produces. Unfortunately he is backed up for many months on orders. I noticed one on Amazon for $129 and being a bolt in part with no modifications required, I figured I'd give it a shot, even if it ends up being temporary. (Lower photo below). The instructions were pretty terrible and led to a lot of wasted time, so I made an install video if anyone is interested. It did end up fitting fine, even with my aftermarket Durango steering box.

Screenshot_20221227-163627.png

PXL_20221210_213444814_exported_15649.jpg

Glad to hear that the brace tightens things up with the steering, just yesterday I received the brace kit from Barnes, got lucky since the site always shows "sold out". Link below if you wanna, and no drop brackets necessary. I'll share some pics when I get a chance to install and kudos on the vid!

https://barnes4wd.com/products/xj-steering-box-brace

Well hell, I reckon these braces will not work with an 86, the radiator and mount stick out too much below the frame rails impeding the mounting of it. On the plus side, I also ordered a steel steering box spacer with the added fourth hole, that went in nicely...

PXL_20221231_182949988.jpg.c5fd427d531aea161fa8c3c57dfa5452.jpgThanks! It's not the best setup for her by herself, we would need a 3/4 height rack to make it easier for her to reach the tent. Our current trip also showed is how crappy of a setup it is for freezing winter conditions the diesel heater kept us warm inside, but it

took forever to get things thawed out enough put away!

Ok, we just got home from a 900 mile test drive through the snow and ice near Bend OR. We went to Primal Outdoor's Patreon campout. The brace definitely improved steering response and got rid of some slop. For it's price, I think it might be one of the best upgrades that I've made.

21 minutes ago, Htchevyii said:

How do you like the winch mount? I really like the way that he integrated the brace with the hidden mount. Did you have any trouble fitting the winch?  

I haven't put in the winch itself yet.  Yeah, a bummer. I wanted to have it fitted on there and such. Its a bit of a pain to take off the 'cradle' . I did add frame stiffeners, so the fit was a bit tight. I do like the engineering behind it. I went with a one piece bumper. Really easy to take off and put back on. So, I'd think two center sections and the wing bumperettes. One center tubes and open for wheeling. One enclosed for running around, to keep eyes off the winch.