NOS Spicer HD diff cover for D35

ghetdjc320

OEM NOS Dana 35 diff cover. These are a super nice cover made by Dana/Spicer as an upgrade for off-road axles. Has two full port locations for use with higher or normal pinion angles as well as a drain plug. It’s an iron cover that is coated in some sort of hammered coating and comes with new hardware as well. Never installed. Been sitting on the shelf for years now. $100

Located in northwest Arkansas

FA11ADB4-EC96-4F43-9239-7DCA9C7670D9.jpeg

C6047579-CF46-44FC-A8B4-FFFCF4C72B8E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Brake prop valve with D35 bracket. This unit was in very good shape when pulled so I decided to put some time an effort into cleaning it up and restoring it. All the threads are clean, ran hydraulic fluid through the inside and flushed it out several times until perfectly clean. All moving parts were disassembled, cleaned and greased. Body of the unit was acid stripped then wire brush, primed and painted with cast iron engine paint

Do you have a write up on this or something? I’ve got a few I’d like to clean up and make more appealing to sell. 

23 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Do you have a write up on this or something? I’ve got a few I’d like to clean up and make more appealing to sell. 

I didn’t take any pics along the way unfortunately. It was one of those things I wasn’t even planning to work on but just picked it up and started restoring it. Removing the arm and plastic cover will reveal a snap ring that holds in the cover for the actual valve. It was fairly straight forward but I imagine it may not come apart if the plastics or metal are too badly deteriorated. I was actually holding onto this one for a possible future 100% oem build

42 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

didn’t take any pics along the way unfortunately. It was one of those things I wasn’t even planning to work on but just picked it up and started restoring it. Removing the arm and plastic cover will reveal a snap ring that holds in the cover for the actual valve.

Damn. I started doing the same to one but I couldn’t get the assembly out once I removed the snap ring holding it. Maybe I should do what you did and dunk it in some acid for a bit and see what happens. Is there any rubber inside that I should be aware of?

44 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Damn. I started doing the same to one but I couldn’t get the assembly out once I removed the snap ring holding it. Maybe I should do what you did and dunk it in some acid for a bit and see what happens. Is there any rubber inside that I should be aware of?

I don’t recall there being any. I used a diluted 30% vinegar. About a 5:1 mix

27 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Heavily dilute the muriatic I have, got it hahah. 

Definitely heavily dilute! :laugh:

The vinegar works great also. Picked up 30% commercial grade vinegar at Home Depot. I’ve been amazed at how well it clean up parts. Takes about 2-3 days. 

• 1 month later...
  • ghetdjc320 changed the title to NOS Spicer HD diff cover for D35

Archived