87 Overland Build

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2023 at 12:36 AM, NorthwestMJ said:

Got rid of the canopy today and hung out with WrangerMangler from here on CC for a bit! Thanks to him I have more space to gather more Jeep treasures! Finally started really going on the gas tank skid/mount. It’s coming together well, but is definitely not light!777A7F0B-C9BC-4919-809B-8BDA6737D89E.jpeg.899b3b7cf80a3ad217ae4a0824ed9e04.jpegit’s built out of 1/8th but the mounting bracket reinforcement is 3/16 and the stiffeners are 3/4 solid stock. It’s designed to support the track inside and leave a gap between underneath the tank and the floor of the skid to allow it to shed water and mud. The stiffeners are meant to work like mini rock sliders and also add some rigidity to the bottom plate.

Anymore pictures of the skid plate? I’m trying to get inspired to make one myself. 

Sorry Justin, I ended up scrapping it. I run a Dakota tank and was having driveline clearance issues with it on. I’m in the process of designing a new one that mounts using the tank straps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 8:14 PM, NorthwestMJ said:

Sorry Justin, I ended up scrapping it. I run a Dakota tank and was having driveline clearance issues with it on. I’m in the process of designing a new one that mounts using the tank straps.

No sweat. Not many are even attempting to make one out there. Your truck is cool.