1J4FJ58S5ML511129

AdroitKirby

• 2 weeks later...

I got no idea. I asked the guy at the front, and he said he saw it like that a week ago. It almost looked on purpose, but I can't fathom as to why.

I could pull the 231 next time I'm there but getting anything above the floors is a massive pain. I'm also primarily looking for the 242, so I don't know if it's even worth the hassle on that one.

I was going to pull the powered mirror harness but I didn't take my shears and there was no way I would have been able to move anything out of the way to remove it with the roof on top of center console 

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 12:19 PM, AdroitKirby said:

On 9/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, Pete M said:

I know this is a somewhat old conversation, but I just saw it.  I went to the PnP in Springfield MO about 7 years ago to look at an XJ.  The photo in Row52 showed a good XJ.  When I got there it was crushed just like that.  I went to the desk and asked what the heck was going on.  The guy at the desk said they had to crush all vehicles of that model, before it could go on the yard, but couldn't say why.  When I said there were other XJs on the yard right now and not crushed, he just shrugged his shoulders.  Very strange.  I never did figure it out.  There's got to be a reason though, whether it is legit or a misunderstanding, because he did say they did it on purpose.  Haven't seen a crushed one since, and I'm there every month.