2wd-4wd

ok, i tried searching and its jus to much work! lol.. i tried being specific, tried being broad and it seems like theres just to many ways to get the wrong information haha. I'm looking for some posts about 2wd to 4wd conversions. hopefully some one has bookmarked a few or can lead me in the right direction, or maybe just some keywords to use so i don't get basicly ever post on this site when doind a search lol...thanks al

ok, i tried searching and its jus to much work! lol.. i tried being specific, tried being broad and it seems like theres just to many ways to get the wrong information haha. I'm looking for some posts about 2wd to 4wd conversions. hopefully some one has bookmarked a few or can lead me in the right direction, or maybe just some keywords to use so i don't get basicly ever post on this site when doind a search lol...thanks al

i've mainly given up searching this site, idk what it is but you can search relallly specific words and end up with everything ever posted. :dunno:

what part do you need help with? parts sourcing? transmission stuff? axle/driveshaft stuff?

basicly i had a comanche, sold it for a yota...i know i know, but i had to see for myself, and honestly was a huge mistake. so know I'm looking to get back in to it and i have found 2 really clean manches but there 2wd. hoping to just by a 2wd and do a swap to have 4wd. thanks al

More than a few of us here and on NAXJA have done the conversion. It really is pretty straightforward, but there are a few specific things you have to be aware of when sourcing parts, so everything plays nice together when you're done.

I don't have a writeup of mine, but am glad to help you out any with any questions you have.

on a 4wd swap you basically want a junker 4wd cherokee or comanche. you'll need to have your driveshaft shortened too.

need 4wd transmission (2wd one will NOT work)

transfercase

front axle

front driveshaft

shift linkages

4wd shifter

if your front axle is vacuum actuated, you need a transfercase with that capability if you intend it to work like it does from factory.

it's not a hard swap, I've done it twice now on my MJ and my bro's MJ, and am doing it for a guy in trade for a j4000 soon.