CA and TX CC-er's met up

Gjeep

FiatSlug (Mike) and I had a chance to meet up with RedMistress (Dennis) when he and the family came out to CA over the past weekend. People and Jeep's got together for a great meet up. Mike's white 21-slot MJ is out front in the pic, with my XJs behind, and Dennis' new red '99 in the line-up (the one with the red grille and Rigid lights out front). Long live the MJs, XJs, and those that own 'em. 

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

Wonderful meet & feast :)

Mike’s MJ is nice original paint survivor & Gianni has wonderful fleet of XJ’s and two of the nicest paint & detailed restoration’s I’ve ever seen.

Many thanks & gratitude to Gianni for finding this low mile rust free CA 99 and adding his craftsmanship to the build.

The fun continued with crew & girls to see🦭 sea lion & whale 🐋 watching tour out of Monterey Beach.

And another exciting long day with great finds at J&W and Willys America.

Will add pics next week 

Not my first trip to CA but have now driven many miles around best parts and it’s most beautiful place I’ve ever seen.  So now I know why people want to live there, despite…..

• 4 weeks later...

Parting cloud shot of Fireball was on shore of Lake Havasu.

small plane was ride around Grand Canyon, during thunderstorm that we dodged.

Then drove around Grand Canyon to Lake Mead where small bridge crossed.

Lots of fun in CA & trip back, looking forward to going back and run the Rubicon Trail.