87 Chief

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Warren99 said:

I see the cab vent covers going for crazy prices, glad I got a set of those

note that only one set sold in the last few months.  those prices reflect a bit of... optimism.  :L: 

44 minutes ago, Pete M said:

note that only one set sold in the last few months.  those prices reflect a bit of... optimism.  :L: 

Yea I know, same as how 21 slot grilles aren't worth $500. I was just surprised to see so many of them all listed around 60-80

Regardless, I would use the list a lot, theres a lot of junkyards in the Atlanta area or around it. I only know of a few like smaller private owned yards that have lots of olds, I know one in Griffin that has 3 j10s, one with a basically complete interior. But the ones I go to the most are the bigger names like pull a part, gray n white, and lkq.

So can anyone else find previous sales of the little rubber trim pieces that go on the bottom of some of the Comanche Chiefs? They also are on XJ limited trims(assuming the trim is identical), maybe more I'm not sure. But I couldn't find any on ebay, I can't even find any pics on google images of another Comanche Chief with this trim, all I see is the black decal version.

Hm, I wonder if the previous owner took the stickers off and added the belts. Also are you saying the belts specifically with chrome are from a Laredo or XLS? Because I swear I've seen pics of pioneers with the chrome ones.

Oh ok, I mean there is considerable bondo work on the lower portions where the rubber is, well at least where there is still metal left. I wonder if the rubber was his way of taking attention away from it, obviously if he did that much effort it would have been long before the amount of rust it has now. Well either way, a full set of Laredo/XLS chrome belts is still nice to have, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its from a Laredo since the XLS was only on a long bed haha.