Operation 'Basket Case MJ'

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the links- I do have one from my non-tilt black column like the one GrandBoost98 linked. I really like the faux cap screw style from whatever years that is/ are on the gray column I picked up. 

One fender splash shield mocked up for fitment, fairly decent. Deciding where to draw the line on the frame for the supplemental undercoat. I think I know how I want that...

IMG_8389.JPG.80c4d5c5bf8e0859e7f50f6d76024fe5.JPG

Engine mount brackets and track bar brace are in...

IMG_8390.JPG.8884fa7d2a6d6236042cb5b84dc79251.JPG

Undercoating done in the fender wells. I left the bottoms of the frame rails uncoated. I figure it's easier to deal with scuffs/ scratches/ scrapes in paint rather than a rubberized coating. If I change my mind about that, it's easily done.

IMG_8400.JPG.4b33155aac1fb662e917f0fc8cbe541f.JPG

IMG_8401.JPG.36c1cb09d5e1be45e4e902fb2cee38dd.JPG

Frame horns painted up to the front plate, inside and outside. All that remains of paint on the front third of the rig is DE1635 on the front crossmember. (And the lower cowl...)

IMG_8402.JPG

And it's official... going 6 - 6.5" lift. OME 2934, ACOS, SOA with new leafs, 15x8 -19mm offset black wheels wearing 33s. RRO CA drop brackets are on the way. Everything else is in hand and ready except tires and wheels.

I saw a member on here who used a wooden jig and engine hoist to lift off the bed- don't remember who you are but thank you for the idea!