Just Towed in Los Angeles

Just gave up my our one owner 88 Jeep Comanche, 2wd, 146,000 miles. Runs well. Here’s who now has it. Person to talk to would be Skip. It’s a great car, we’ve enjoyed owning it. Any questions, please e mail Phalie@aol.com. I don’t come to Comanche Club so will be unable to answer from here. 

image.png

CC15642E-4A09-4178-89F4-FFC8DA27F99C.jpeg

3FF598F2-93A0-41CC-BB4C-B6B46866D5ED.jpeg

Would have loved to have actually sold the car outright but in California, I would have had to have it smog tested. Last few times it was costly to get it to pass  smog testing for registration. Then in Los Angeles, I was having a difficult time getting anyone who wanted to work on it. It just became a money pit. I had a good time owning it though. Bittersweet day.

What a travesty...  their website doesn't have a used car for sale section. 

Once upon a time, a junkyard worker told me that once they took possession of a vehicle they were prohibited from reselling it whole.  Some kind of title issue.

Should have posted on Reno and Phoenix craigslist.  That OEM bumper and Leer camper shell alone would be worth the roadtrip.

30 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

What a travesty...  their website doesn't have a used car for sale section. 

Once upon a time, a junkyard worker told me that once they took possession of a vehicle they were prohibited from reselling it whole.  Some kind of title issue.

Should have posted on Reno and Phoenix craigslist.  That OEM bumper and Leer camper shell alone would be worth the roadtrip.

It depends on the state and the yard. Some states and some yards won't send in titles to void.