project 10BEARS 1990 short bed 2wd-4wd conversion restomod

7 hours ago, Gojira94 said:

Glad those boxes went to good use! By the way I'm also a huge fan of tan/saddle/camel/taupe interiors with forest green metallic bodies. My 94 Firebird has that combo and I love it. Also prefer it for red and black vehicles.

thanks man, they will be put to good use for sure👍. Not many green ones out there, can't wait till mines painted😁IMG_0090.jpg.c715f76008fe32b9fe0d1a718080f76d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so i picked up another pair of rust free fenders today. i didnt need them, but for $25.00 for the pair i couldnt pass them up. Ill just keep them for spares. plus 1 of them has an original mopar Jeep mud flap, i was bummed the guy didnt have the other mud flap, theyre like gold nowadays. oh well, now i just need the other 3😁IMG_0301.jpg.934bd3ba0870263de4e07d2405ebc02e.jpgimage0-8.jpeg.f0afbe4205aa03ec53a2afef275cdc53.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, will a 8" Bazooka tube fit in a Comanche? the answer is yes. this is a loose test fit just to see if it will work or if I'm re listing it for sale on FB marketplace, looks like its a keeper. hope this will help future comanche owners figure things out. this is a RS8, so it already has a built in 150w RMS amplifier, i had the exact same one in my LJ years ago. if youve never heard one of these, they put out really clean, hard hitting bass for the package, plenty for the small cab of a Comanche. i also found in my personal stash a set of 4x6 Infinity plate speakers that will be replacing the factory rear speakers. more to come, as ill be installing 6x9s in the doors with rectangle speaker grills which will mimic the factory Jensen speaker grills and theyll be SEM interior painted to match the light tan interior, i even have the Jensen badges from the stock grills that will be put on the larger 6x9 grills to help them blend in even better.

image0-2_3.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpg

well, crappy day today. went to start the truck today its been roughly a month and a half since i did that last. truck is a hard start after sitting but eventually fires up, i notice the valve train is noisy, i look at the oil guage, zero pressure. checked the dpstick, its full. i let it run another 20-25 seconds, no improvement. so i shut it off. has this ever happened to anyone here?. this sucks man. last time it ran and drove totally normal, no issues. This might be the nail in the coffin of project 10bears

well, for now I'm no longer a Comanche owner😞. 10BEARS has been traded for what i call a unicorn XJ, a running 88 factory towing pkg, dana44 rear and optional towing mirrors, not a big feal on a MJ, but very rare on a XJ. i will own another MJ, unfortunately this one became to much work for my age and health. i did tell the new owner to join Comanche Club though so hopefully he willIMG_0363_1.jpg.4defb712949304879a2a79684ac405c6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...