1991 4.0 Long Bed

I'm honestly not sure. Originally I never thought I could be happy with a renix jeep, so I had planned to sell my 88 MJ after making this a daily driver. But now that I've done a bunch of renix improvements (biggest improvement by far was the newer ECU, it changed everything) I'm pretty happy with the performance of my 88 MJ.

I would like to make it an overland rig, but the cost of doing that, the way I would want to, is absurd. I wanted to put an aluminum flatbed on it but I just don't have the time and space to fabricate it (I'm not bad at welding aluminum with tig or a mig spoolgun) and they are unbelievably expensive. But I mean just look at them,

https://www.mainlineoverland.com/products/norweld-full-size-6-5-foot-bed-tray

How can I ever be happy with another truck bed after seeing that?!

I'm also looking to restore my first car (1964 El Camino) so I may just get this 91 MJ put back together and sell it to help finance that project.

don't be fooled into thinking you need all those fancy things to go overlanding. Its just a matter of who your trying to impress. don't get me wrong shiny things are cool and all, but do you really need it? Oh ok, perhpas you like the comfort and ease that it might bring you, so pony up then when you can. However in the meantime time, get out and enjoy overlanding now. As you use and get out and about you will find out what you really need and what you really may want to have in means of creature comforts. But I'm no fool, i invest in tools. Cause the truck has to stay running to do any overlanding. :holdwrench:

I know what I need for over landing, and I know what I would want. There is a big gap between for sure. I'm trying to impress myself.

I have a decent amount of experience off-roading as a hobby. I've owned 8 jeeps over the years and used to go off road a lot.

But I do appreciate your sentiment.