87 2 5 MJ in my local yard

mjeff87

Not putting this in classifieds.  Went junkyarding to get parts for my Focus this morning (fail....) and they had an 87, 2.5L, AX5, 2WD there.  Its pretty well picked over, but the entire driveline is pulled and lying on the ground.  Engine looks like a replacement due to paint pen marks all over the valve cover.  I did snag the fuel pump in case someone needs it.  Post up if so....but I'm not looking to profit off of it.  I will forward it to anyone who really needs it (versus someone who just wants to flip it for some $$$).  Cover my cost from the 'yard plus shipping.

I also snapped a VIN pic so it can be added to the registry:L:

20211110_105421.jpg

20211110_105431.jpg

20211110_105416.jpg

20211110_105458.jpg

Hahahaha I’m glad you did. Shame it doesn’t have AC but the other two are just as important. Would you mind leaving that pipe that’s in the valve cover already with it? Seems to be something folks are missing. 

But sounds like a plan. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the finer details. 

19 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Hahahaha I’m glad you did. Shame it doesn’t have AC but the other two are just as important. Would you mind leaving that pipe that’s in the valve cover already with it? Seems to be something folks are missing. 

But sounds like a plan. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the finer details. 

that smashed MJ at the LKQ shows it had AC.  what related parts do you need?  (keeping in mind that they might be... smashed)

16 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that smashed MJ at the LKQ shows it had AC.  what related parts do you need?  (keeping in mind that they might be... smashed)

Just the mounting brackets for both the alt and the compressor along with the hardware attached. I mean I already have AC but I like having the parts ready and on hand for those in need. 

On 11/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Just the mounting brackets for both the alt and the compressor along with the hardware attached. I mean I already have AC but I like having the parts ready and on hand for those in need. 

I was successful. :D  even with the Jeep crushed in that corner the aluminum bracket was not cracked.  :banana:

13 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Any XJ from 84-96 will work, you’ll just need to get the Renix era thermistor and push it through the core if you find an HO box. I can walk ya through it. 

Yeah I might just go with the HO box because of the easier to source Evap coil. Pretty sure they are slightly different sizes from what I remember. Sounds good thanks @eaglescout526