Lug patern.

So real quick question I'm considering buying new wheels and tires for the truck and installing a 3 inch lift. I've got a 2wd now and plan on doing the 4wd swap in the future. Do both versions of the truck use the same lug pattern? The reason I ask is in the full size truck when you go 4wd you go from 5 lug to 6.

Also I read on here that with the 2.5l you can't swap the transmission out of a 4.0 because the bellhousing is bigger. However I was told by my uncle that most manual transmissions you can change the bellhousing. So could I change the housing off of my 4spd and put it on a 5spd 4wd?

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

You’ll need an AX5 4wd trans to swap in place of your AX4. The only way you’ll get an AX15 behind your 2.5L is to find a Dakota with the same engine and swap that around. 

I appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Indeed it does, and I’m sure some of those wheels wouldn’t fit, but if he just needed a set of rollers at one point, there are lots of good options out there. 

Oh I'm specifically looking at a set of these but I didn't want to spend the money if they wouldn't interchange when I chose to.Screenshot_20211103-204557_Chrome.jpg.08991610a3332232f614d146ae3e1bea.jpg