stranded - engine starts but bucks and stalls out

Final update.

Have determined at least two burnt valves so pretty much dead in the water rn. I live in apts at the moment so I can’t necessarily store it forever. Undecided what my nxt step will be. Would like to hold onto it until I can figure what to do with it but not sure how feasible that may be.

Thank you all for the assistance to this post and the contributions to this vast source of information. It has helped me immensely.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, Canine Cheese said:

Final update?  So whats the plan?  If your thinking of selling I have been thinking of picking one up and installing a cummins 4bt motor in it.  My nephew lives in billings..  may be a good reason to visit.  

My response was more to the guys that have been helping me out to trouble shoot my rig, etc. As of right now, I’m not keen on selling…prob going to try and wait out winter and continue with a planned motor swap, now that I have a place to store the truck. But I will keep you updated if things change if you’d like?

On 12/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, Canine Cheese said:

I hope that you keep it.  I am in no rush working with my son on his...  I have an itch:helpme:..  With what I want to do It might be better to buy a shell and build..  

I think I will. I found a spot to park it for the winter so she will live.

In regards to your project, I’ve seem a few comanches pop up on cL and fb marketplace that would surely suit your needs. I’d peek around if you haven’t already.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:12 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Maybe just a head swap to keep ya going and save money for a full engine swap? Just a thought.

This is a good idea, I’ll be looking into it.