Addco 543 Front Sway Bar

35 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

It would work, but the differences are in the diameter of the sway bar itself, utilizing different bushings as well. The thicker one being for the v8 zj and a common upgrade on mjs for a firmer more stable ride. 👌 

Yeah, that makes sense. Just seems odd that they list them out separately, since the V8 was available starting in 1993, right? 

1261938382_ScreenShot2021-09-08at3_22_49PM.jpg.bd0ed173ebf5cf0320173f555acfdb5a.jpg

If your looking for an upgrade to the stock bar you can get the 1.125” bar from a later XJ. I believe 94 was a crossover year. I picked up this bar since it’s was the larger oem version at an unbeatable price: https://teamcherokee.com/front-sway-bar-assembly-oem-jeep-cherokee-xj-1994-2001/

Also running the addco rear bar. Great combo with the 28mm oem front bar. I think it was Hornbrod who suggested this setup after trying several other versions. 

Here is the thread discussing the addco and the later model oem: 

3 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

If your looking for an upgrade to the stock bar you can get the 1.125” bar from a later XJ. I believe 94 was a crossover year. I picked up this bar since it’s was the larger oem version at an unbeatable price: https://teamcherokee.com/front-sway-bar-assembly-oem-jeep-cherokee-xj-1994-2001/

Also running the addco rear bar. Great combo with the 28mm oem front bar. I think it was Hornbrod who suggested this setup after trying several other versions. 

Here is the thread discussing the addco and the later model oem: 

Woah, that's a great price! I found someone local selling the Addco 543 set for $80, figured that was worth the $$ rather than going the JY route, since I would need new bushings and all that. Was thinking about going to get a Blazer rear bar and do that, but it still seems like there may be a few of the Addco rear kits around.

1 hour ago, acfortier said:

Woah, that's a great price! I found someone local selling the Addco 543 set for $80, figured that was worth the $$ rather than going the JY route, since I would need new bushings and all that. Was thinking about going to get a Blazer rear bar and do that, but it still seems like there may be a few of the Addco rear kits around.

I ordered my rear addco bar a few months ago. They still make them new :L: