2.5 AW4?

The 3800SC to AW4 isn't exactly uncharted territory.

Here's a thread from 3 years ago on doing that swap into an isuzu.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat. ... ber=611201

The isuzu bellhousing has the starter on the other side:

They started using it in '02, and in all vehicles in '03. The 3.2, 3.5 and 3.5DI in the Rodeo and Axiom all use this bell with the auto-tranny. The tranny is an A340 family tranny.

118_1842.jpg

There's also at least 3 buggies on pirate that I know of that run that combination.

thanks!

I thought that was the case, but it never hurts to ask. now I have a bellhousing that I could use....which means the custom machining will only be on the flexplate.

I won't be doing it as difficult as that guy did...it will retain the stock supercharger and I'll alter my firewall so that the intake tube will curve upwards and onto the top of the motor. I'll be going with a cowl induction hood (made from a stock hood), and the air filter will be part of the hood, only sucking in cold air.

No problem, I've been looking at his info for a while. Because with the same bellhousing you can attach to a bunch of caddillac engines including the northstar and short star

lol, well you've helped me out alot.

this will be good knowledge for when I do the swap. I have one ligned up at the moment, a 2002 pontiac 3800SC. grand prix or something, it's had the back end caved up to the back seat and the price is $640 for the whole car :brows: with 42,000 miles on it.