First Comanche - Transmission conversion help!

So I finally bought a Comanche. I have wanted one for years and finally got in a position that I could get one. I bought an 87 4x4 with 4.0 5 speed. This truck was originally an Automatic and the PO converted it to a 5 speed. A bit of a hack job but it works. I am not sure what transmission they put in it. I will confirm that as soon as I get it back from getting some front end work done. I have a few issues that I am pretty sure are related to the Transmission swap. The main one being that the gauges do not work. From what little research that I have been able to do, I believe that the Gauge clusters are different from an AT to an MT. I am also thinking that the ECM may be different. I bought this truck as a project knowing that I had some work to do to it. Any help with what I need to do to get the gauges working would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum and am already addicted to it. Great information and great members!

One thing to check is that the full guage cluster has different engine temp and oil pressure senders - if someone swapped the guages without swapping the sensors, you'd get nonfunctional guages.  The tach, speedo, and fuel guages would still work in that case, however.

Thanks for the help. I believe that the cluster is original but I do not know that for sure. It is supposed to be back on the lift at the shop tomorrow to check the diffs. Hopefully I will have it back next week so that I can get back on what I need to fix and start driving it.