86 comanche wiper delay module

ratrapp

On 5/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, ratrapp said:

thanks,its definitly  bad as i took a zj module and plugged it in temporarily and it parks itself now and the delay works.

I have one sitting on my workbench right now.  I can take it out and plug it into my XJ later today for testing.  Let me know if you are still looking.

13 hours ago, ratrapp said:

i am .no hurry just whenever you get to it.tackling the floor board rust right now.

Well the delay I've had sitting on my workbench for months is bad.  Or at least the delay doesn't delay, it just runs at the normal slow speed regardless of the setting.  I've got another one in my shop, I'll pull it out and check it today.  Now I'm wondering how often these boxes go bad.

thats what my original box did.i robbed the module out of my gf's 94 zj and everything worked.on the box they say zj or xj or yj but the only difference i see is the zj box is twice as big as the mj box.it plugs up and everything works.ive went through several delay modules in my gf's 94 zj.when I'm at the pick n pull i grab everyone i see and test them as backups but unfortunatly ive went through them in the last several years.my local pick n pull has been getting scarce on having xjs to rob parts from and you never see a mj there.

Yo ratrapp, I recently fixed the module in my 'manche, the relay contacts were dirty. Cleaned them up with some sand paper and got my delay/park features back. The repair involved drilling out the rivets to pop it open, I then used a pair of zip ties to keep it together after the fix...wish I had taken pix of the process.