Joining the MJ club?

lowslowTJ

So I have owned many jeeps including 2 XJs and now I think I want a MJ. I have found a nice 92 4.0L, auto,long bed but its 2wd (not a porblem) and does not have A/C (larger problem). its otherwise very nice. I am also willing to wait, but I wonder how bad the older 4.0L renix injection is? can it be swapped out for the HO injection, or am I better off holding out for a 91 or 92 MJ? I want to make a nice DD and occasional trail runner with maybe 31s or 32s. thanks and I hope to be posting some pics of my own MJ here soon.

:D

So I have owned many jeeps including 2 XJs and now I think I want a MJ. I have found a nice 92 4.0L, auto,long bed but its 2wd (not a porblem) and does not have A/C (larger problem). its otherwise very nice. I am also willing to wait, but I wonder how bad the older 4.0L renix injection is? can it be swapped out for the HO injection, or am I better off holding out for a 91 or 92 MJ? I want to make a nice DD and occasional trail runner with maybe 31s or 32s. thanks and I hope to be posting some pics of my own MJ here soon.

:D

It sounds pretty decent. Just find a '95 or '96 XJ that has been rearended or wrecked not too badly and use the complete R-134 A/C system and 4wd parts from it. You might get a bunch of other options to add if you find a loaded one. 33's and 4.5" of lift is a combo. Just go SOA in the rear and lift the front like an XJ. :cheers:

There's nothing wrong with the renix EFI as long as you're willing to listen to it... However, typically vehicles with it at this point in their life (they're all about 20 years old now) have fallen slightly into disrepair, so it might seem problematic until you change a few parts and clean some things up.

wait, you said it was a 92 you found yet you ask about the renix injection...

is it a 92 with the EFI or is it a different year?

From what I have had, my 88 Elim ran smooth. Started right up and everything no matter the temp/weather. Same goes for my 91 Elim HO EFI. Either is a great choice I think.

Alex