Long door cab MJ / short box bobbed bed build.

TNT

If a 4 and half foot bed is enough, then it would be easier to just start with a 2 door XJ. ;)

That a nice looking XJ.

I'm starting with a MJ because of the longer wheelbase, stiffer more ridged frame, the longer rear springs that flex way better, the taller roof line, and the fact that it is a pick-up and will still be a pickup when its done, not a SUV with a bed.

I might build a custom box and use it. I could also remove the box and still be able to drive around because it has a seperate strong frame under the box.

were did he say he was building an extra cab?he simply wants to be able to move his seat all the way back and maybe recline it some.

i don't even think he plans to move the seats are you TNT?

That's my point. Why go through all the work if you're NOT creating at least an extra cab? Doesn't make eny sense to me.

because he loves his MJ, and wants the extra room. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know how the bad back stuff goes as well. This mod would really help if your pain was anything like mine. Not sure what yours is caused by, but i know it's hell.

were did he say he was building an extra cab?he simply wants to be able to move his seat all the way back and maybe recline it some.

i don't even think he plans to move the seats are you TNT?

That's my point. Why go through all the work if you're NOT creating at least an extra cab? Doesn't make eny sense to me.

I do plan on moving the seat back about 4 to 5 inches. I'm adding 9" to the cab length. I don't want the cab any longer then I have planned. :D

If you had a 4 level neck fusion and 11 degenerated discs in your back and were more comfortable with 4 to 5 more inches of leg room it would make more sense to you. The longer door will also make it easier to get in and out... :brows:

My $25.00 '98 Dakota seats have adjustable lumbar and are better then the stock bench. At some point I will be putting in the Viper seats from an SRT-4 because they have been the most supportive and comfortable seats I have been in. 8)

It will also give me more room for subs behind the seat which work as a great back massager. jamminz.gif

It makes sense to me and it is my MJ so that's all that matters... :cheers:

I didn't know I needed your approval... :roll:

Lighten up TNT, :D I'm sure everyone is voicing their opinions because they care, and they want to make sure you've weighed all the options. :cheers:

On another note, I envy you guys that don't give a second thought to all that bodywork. :bowdown: My "bodywork" tends to involve aluminum or stainless steel sheet and screws/sealer. :roll:

Lighten up TNT, :D I'm sure everyone is voicing their opinions because they care, and they want to make sure you've weighed all the options. :cheers:

On another note, I envy you guys that don't give a second thought to all that bodywork. :bowdown: My "bodywork" tends to involve aluminum or stainless steel sheet and screws/sealer. :roll:

Ok I lightened it up. Trust me I weigh all the options. I'll spend hours deciding what I want to do, sleep on it and check it out one more time.

Working with metal is a blast. I build stuff and then enjoy the fact that I did that myself. Building is half the fun of wheeling IMO.

BTW I appreciate your input and others also, it just how some input comes across that isn't right, from a mod on top of that...

• 11 years later...