No Parking Lamps

Update:  It was the fuse block.  Crudy, loose and broken terminals.  Thanks for all the help 

Another "no parking lamp" post.... 89/4.0/5spd. HAVE: headlights, all 4 turn signals, both brake lights and backup lights. All hazards work. No parking lights front or rear. 10amp park fuse is good. There is power at the "B2" prong on the headlamp switch, with the pull switch PUSHED IN. As soon as you pull it halfway, or all the way out for headlights, the 12V goes away. NO power at the INSTR LAMPS FUSE... Not sure if that could affect the circuit other than losing dimming capability. I tried 3 different headlamp switches.... All have the same outcome, so I don't think it is the headlamp switch. It did have a leaking clutch master cylinder, and the fuse block is a bit finicky. I've had it apart a couple times and everything looks like it should...What am I missing/overlooking/not understanding??

lamp2 (2).jpg

lamp4 (1).jpg

lamp6 (2).jpg

lamp6 (1).jpg

lamp7.jpg

lamp2 (1).jpg

lamp4 (2).jpg

Edited by 90LBPioneer
Update

In my case I had one bad parking lamp socket. After replacing it my parking lights came on, as did my hazards and turn signals.

You can buy replacement sockets at NAPA, Oreilys, etc

EDIT: Not sure if you mean front or back parking lamps, if back lamps I fought a huge battle with the rear wiring harness and ended up grounding it on to the chassis/body via the fuel pump ground wire. Then I did the Cruiser 54 fuel pump ground trick.

So my rear harness is grounded in 2 places. Also I had to pull the rear harness apart to find the cracked wire that was causing intermittent issues back there.

Good luck, keep working through the harness eventually you'll find the weak link :-D 

Do the front and rear light harnesses need to be plugged in to troubleshoot?  Or can I have the rear disconnected at the drivers kick panel to isolate the front parking light circuit?  I'm guessing there is a bad ground or short somewhere.  Just because I have good signals at all 4 corners, doesn't necessarily mean the lamp sockets and are good (for the parking lamps) correct?  Will ONE bad socket (parking lamp) circuit cause all 4 to malfunction?

2 hours ago, Big_Mark said:

In my case I had one bad parking lamp socket. After replacing it my parking lights came on, as did my hazards and turn signals.

You can buy replacement sockets at NAPA, Oreilys, etc

EDIT: Not sure if you mean front or back parking lamps, if back lamps I fought a huge battle with the rear wiring harness and ended up grounding it on to the chassis/body via the fuel pump ground wire. Then I did the Cruiser 54 fuel pump ground trick.

So my rear harness is grounded in 2 places. Also I had to pull the rear harness apart to find the cracked wire that was causing intermittent issues back there.

Good luck, keep working through the harness eventually you'll find the weak link :-D 

NONE of my Parking Lamps work.  I have tried disconnecting the front headlamp harness at the airbox to see if it would make a difference at the rear...it did not.  Then disconnected the rear circuit from in the cab at the drivers left kick panel connector.  No difference there.  I am leaning towards the fuse box or underdash wiring...

It was the fuse block.  Gunked up, loose and some broken terminals.  

Do the front and rear light harnesses need to be plugged in to troubleshoot?  Or can I have the rear disconnected at the drivers kick panel to isolate the front parking light circuit?  I'm guessing there is a bad ground or short somewhere.  Just because I have good signals at all 4 corners, doesn't necessarily mean the lamp sockets and are good (for the parking lamps) correct?  Will ONE bad socket (parking lamp) circuit cause all 4 to malfunction?

58 minutes ago, 90LBPioneer said:

It was the fuse block.  Gunked up, loose and some broken terminals.  

no, you can troubleshoot the front and rear seperate

correct

yes