External slave cylinder bell housing swap

Hey lads, 

Sooo my internal slave want out again after only 7 months since I last replaced it. I'm itching to ditch the pugeuot for an ax15 with an external slave but I don't really want to drop $1500 or so to get a brand new one right now. 

Has anybody ever looked into a bell housing swap to convert the internal slave into an external? 

I've seen some bell housings for like $200 or $300 on ebay. I don't know if they will bolt directly to my pugeot or if I'd need an adapter plate. 

Anyway I'm not sure if this is a viable solution but it is within my price range and when I eventually buy an ax15 I'll have the right bell housing for it. Thoughts? Thanks.

3 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

There are no bell housings for a BA10 to go external. Your options are to keep swapping slave cylinders or swap transmissions. Ask me how I know. 

after some research i found that the BA10/5 has relatives that use external slave, volvos and of course, peugeots have them, but if you happend to find one it would be a miracle

6 minutes ago, omega_rugal said:

after some research i found that the BA10/5 has relatives that use external slave, volvos and of course, peugeots have them, but if you happend to find one it would be a miracle

Would those bellhousing bolt up to a 4.0?