WTB Renault Diesel instrument cluster

MercManche

3 minutes ago, TheDude said:

If you don't need a boost gauge why search for a diesel cluster?
84-86 full clusters like that aren't nearly as hard to find.

Founding Member of the Comanche Preservation Society

Diesel fuel gauge, tachometer, coolant temp range, etc.

I don't mean to sound disparaging and I wish you luck in your search, but I've only seen a couple diesel gauge clusters pop up (separate from a whole Jeep) in the last few years and the owners wanted serious money for them or weren't willing to sell at all.  the allure of that boost gauge is strong. :( 

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I don't mean to sound disparaging and I wish you luck in your search, but I've only seen a couple diesel gauge clusters pop up (separate from a whole Jeep) in the last few years and the owners wanted serious money for them or weren't willing to sell at all.  the allure of that boost gauge is strong. :( 

Its worth a shot, I can get em in the UK but I will only be going late this year if the whole pandemic bs stops.

6 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

yeah I would just get a boost gauge.

Yea I don't care for the boost gauge one bit, I want it because it would make the rest of the gauges a breeze. Maybe its hard to understand but trying to get signals from a diesel engine that only needs 1 wire to run is not as easy as it seems lol. Having a cluster that is set up for a diesel with similar rev ranges and all just makes it easier and is worth the $100-200 to me in place of buying and adapting like 6 different gauges and fabricating pods/panelling for them etc.

56 minutes ago, MercManche said:

Yea I don't care for the boost gauge one bit, I want it because it would make the rest of the gauges a breeze. Maybe its hard to understand but trying to get signals from a diesel engine that only needs 1 wire to run is not as easy as it seems lol. Having a cluster that is set up for a diesel with similar rev ranges and all just makes it easier and is worth the $100-200 to me in place of buying and adapting like 6 different gauges and fabricating pods/panelling for them etc.

ok then that makes a lot more sense. good luck!