Jump to content

WTB Renault Diesel instrument cluster


MercManche
 Share

Recommended Posts

When was the last time you saw a Factory Diesel XJ/MJ? - JeepForum.com

 

LHD or RHD I am used to modifying clusters at this point. Would make an awesome addition to my mercmanche build. Boost gauge isnt necessary as I need it to go to 20-25psi or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't need a boost gauge why search for a diesel cluster?
84-86 full clusters like that aren't nearly as hard to find.


Founding Member of the Comanche Preservation Society

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheDude said:

If you don't need a boost gauge why search for a diesel cluster?
84-86 full clusters like that aren't nearly as hard to find.


Founding Member of the Comanche Preservation Society

Diesel fuel gauge, tachometer, coolant temp range, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mean to sound disparaging and I wish you luck in your search, but I've only seen a couple diesel gauge clusters pop up (separate from a whole Jeep) in the last few years and the owners wanted serious money for them or weren't willing to sell at all.  the allure of that boost gauge is strong. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I don't mean to sound disparaging and I wish you luck in your search, but I've only seen a couple diesel gauge clusters pop up (separate from a whole Jeep) in the last few years and the owners wanted serious money for them or weren't willing to sell at all.  the allure of that boost gauge is strong. :( 

 

Its worth a shot, I can get em in the UK but I will only be going late this year if the whole pandemic bs stops.

 

6 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

yeah I would just get a boost gauge.

 

Yea I don't care for the boost gauge one bit, I want it because it would make the rest of the gauges a breeze. Maybe its hard to understand but trying to get signals from a diesel engine that only needs 1 wire to run is not as easy as it seems lol. Having a cluster that is set up for a diesel with similar rev ranges and all just makes it easier and is worth the $100-200 to me in place of buying and adapting like 6 different gauges and fabricating pods/panelling for them etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, MercManche said:

 

 

 

 

Yea I don't care for the boost gauge one bit, I want it because it would make the rest of the gauges a breeze. Maybe its hard to understand but trying to get signals from a diesel engine that only needs 1 wire to run is not as easy as it seems lol. Having a cluster that is set up for a diesel with similar rev ranges and all just makes it easier and is worth the $100-200 to me in place of buying and adapting like 6 different gauges and fabricating pods/panelling for them etc.

ok then that makes a lot more sense. good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...