Transmission

manual or auto?

95 will have slight differences as its not a Renix era of electronics.

I assume manual, then its a AX5, the 87 will be a internal slave, the 95 will be external, I believe the CPS should be different, but you can use the one from your 87 bellhousing.

The outputs should be the same (21 spline) and all AX5s have the same input shaft. so you should be good mechanically. 

If its an auto then you should probably consider doing a manual to squeeze all the squirrels out of the 4 cyl lol!

37 minutes ago, MercManche said:

manual or auto?

I assume manual, then its a AX5, the 87 will be a internal slave, the 95 will be external, I believe the CPS should be different, but you can use the one from your 87 bellhousing.

The outputs should be the same (21 spline) and all AX5s have the same input shaft. so you should be good mechanically. 

If its an auto then you should probably consider doing a manual to squeeze all the squirrels out of the 4 cyl lol!

Mj manual and xj manual

39 minutes ago, MercManche said:

manual o automático?

95 tendrá ligeras diferencias ya que no es una era Renix de electrónica.

Asumo manual, entonces es un AX5, el 87 será un esclavo interno, el 95 será externo, creo que el CPS debe ser diferente, pero se puede utilizar el de su 87 bellhousing.

Las salidas deben ser las mismas (21 spline) y todos los AX5 tienen el mismo eje de entrada. por lo que debe ser bueno mecánicamente.

Si es un auto entonces usted probablemente debe considerar hacer un manual para exprimir todas las ardillas de la 4 cyl lol!

Mj transmission ax4 and xj transmission ax5

44 minutes ago, MercManche said:

manual or auto?

the xj is transmission ax5 4wd the mj 2wd is problem adapt CPS in the transmission of the xj

5 hours ago, Pete M said:

your CPS will remain in the truck.  just unbolt it and bolt it to the new transmission. :L:  it HAS to stay with the flywheel and computer.

you tell me that I can use the same CPS of the mj 87 in the ax5 of the xj 95 thanks friend for your answers .. another question for the speedometer is the same or I have to make adaptations. thanks

On 1/5/2021 at 9:03 PM, Cagr87 said:

the xj is transmission ax5 4wd the mj 2wd is problem adapt CPS in the transmission of the xj

As we told you in one of your previous threads, the AX4 and AX5 are the same except for the fifth gear in the AX5. They are interchangeable.

There is no :"adapt" involved with the CPS. The CPS is not part of the transmission. It is part of the ignition and injection system, and it mounts on the bellhousing. To use a later year transmission, you have to keep your '87 flywheel, and keep your '87 CPS. Just remove the CPS from the newer transmission, install the transmission in the vehicle, and install the '87 CPS to the new bellhousing.

If you are careful, you could install the '87 CPS onto the '95 bellhousing first, but there is very little clearance between the CPS and the flywheel. One tiny slip as you wrestle the transmission into position and you could destroy the CPS. It's better, as Pete M wrote, to remove the CPS from the bellhousing before you pull the old transmission, and leave it in the vehicle. Install the new transmission, get everything bolted up and squared away, and then reinstall the CPS.

20 minutes ago, Eagle said:

As we told you in one of your previous threads, the AX4 and AX5 are the same except for the fifth gear in the AX5. They are interchangeable.

There is no :"adapt" involved with the CPS. The CPS is not part of the transmission. It is part of the ignition and injection system, and it mounts on the bellhousing. To use a later year transmission, you have to keep your '87 flywheel, and keep your '87 CPS. Just remove the CPS from the newer transmission, install the transmission in the vehicle, and install the '87 CPS to the new bellhousing.

If you are careful, you could install the '87 CPS onto the '95 bellhousing first, but there is very little clearance between the CPS and the flywheel. One tiny slip as you wrestle the transmission into position and you could destroy the CPS. It's better, as Pete M wrote, to remove the CPS from the bellhousing before you pull the old transmission, and leave it in the vehicle. Install the new transmission, get everything bolted up and squared away, and then reinstall the CPS.

thanks AGUILA. I know I have asked a lot about this issue but I am new to this many things I do not understand, thank you for your time. Another question I have is if the speedometer cable is the same from the xj 95 as my mj 87

5 minutes ago, Cagr87 said:

thanks AGUILA. I know I have asked a lot about this issue but I am new to this many things I do not understand, thank you for your time. Another question I have is if the speedometer cable is the same from the xj 95 as my mj 87

very different.  but the cable assembly from your 87 will fit the the hole in the 95 after you remove the electronic sender.  :L: 

4 hours ago, Cagr87 said:

We can see that you don't understand but, respectfully, I think you need to understand that it is very frustrating for people who try to help when we answer your questions, and then you start a new thread and ask the same questions again.

I don't see anything in your profile about where you live. I am going to guess that English is not your native language, and the language barrier may be part of the problem. Is that correct?

On 1/6/2021 at 11:50 PM, Pete M said:

very different.  but the cable assembly from your 87 will fit the the hole in the 95 after you remove the electronic sender.  :L: 

Hmmm. Is there a difference between the length of a 4wd and 2wd cable? this one would have to reach into the transfercase output housing.