Pro Comp Mud Terrains?

azjeepfreak

Any one out there use Pro Comp mud terrains? Are they good tires or not? I was looking at putting 15" Pro Comp 97 Soft 8 rims on my Jeep with 33" Toyo Open Contry MT's. Then I saw this today. http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx? ... rtID=15698 Approx. $250 to $300 less than what I was going to pay. Not the same tire, but same rim, and a great price. Its' only good this week, should I bite, or is the Toyo worth waiting another couple paychecks for? Any ideas?

I ran the Pro Crap MT's a few years back. I think they've probably changed the design a bit since I purchased my set. Tire wear was ok, not the best. They were loud on the road. Offroad they performed ok as long as you didn't get them wet. Wasn't a bad purchase, but probably wouldn't buy another set if I had to.

However that looks like a killer deal, hard to pass it up...

-Lead_"Anyone who knows me knows I'm anal about tire performance"_Follow

I ran the Pro Crap MT's a few years back. I think they've probably changed the design a bit since I purchased my set. Tire wear was ok, not the best. They were loud on the road. Offroad they performed ok as long as you didn't get them wet. Wasn't a bad purchase, but probably wouldn't buy another set if I had to.

However that looks like a killer deal, hard to pass it up...

-Lead_"Anyone who knows me knows I'm anal about tire performance"_Follow

i sure liked the way your bighorns performed, not as good as my bfgs though :chillin:

i sure liked the way your bighorns performed, not as good as my bfgs though :chillin:

Pssshhh! Couldn't of climbed that rock pile with BFG's. ;)

I came from BFG's to the Bighorns. Won't ever go back... :D

i could have gotten up there. my rear bumper wouldn't have looked the same afterwards though :cry:

Any one out there use Pro Comp mud terrains? Are they good tires or not? I was looking at putting 15" Pro Comp 97 Soft 8 rims on my Jeep with 33" Toyo Open Contry MT's. Then I saw this today. http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx? ... rtID=15698 Approx. $250 to $300 less than what I was going to pay. Not the same tire, but same rim, and a great price. Its' only good this week, should I bite, or is the Toyo worth waiting another couple paychecks for? Any ideas?

Holy crap, thats a great deal!! I'm still on the debate of 32's or 33's, but this is hard to pass up. Pro Comp are good tires, and the MT's are sipped.