Adjustable control arms

I just adjust them with a good angle finder and tape measure. Adjust your lowers first to center the axle then use the uppers to set you castor angle using an angle finder on the inner C’s of your axle. Then center the axle with the track bar at ride height. There is also some preset number charts floating around online but the above method dials it in better. Most alignment shops don’t take the time to actually adjust all the links and track bar since the adjusting points don’t match the “stock” configuration in their manual. A good off-road shop could do it for you though if you prefer.

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I just adjust them with a good angle finder and tape measure. Adjust your lowers first to center the axle then use the uppers to set you castor angle using an angle finder on the inner C’s of your axle. Then center the axle with the track bar at ride height. There is also some preset number charts floating around online but the above method dials it in better. Most alignment shops don’t take the time to actually adjust all the links and track bar since the adjusting points don’t match the “stock” configuration in their manual. A good off-road shop could do it for you though if you prefer.

I concur with this approach.  The tables that are out there don't achieve the level of precision needed.   (At least they didn't for me, as when I used them, I had WAY too much caster.)

Once I spent the time to use the angle finder and tape measure, my MJ drove MUCH better, and with the corrrect caster, the pinion angle on the front diff. was in the allowable range, and I didn't have that weird noise coming from the front drive shaft.:banana: