Reverse Whining like a baby

So like it says I have a bad whining in reverse. I haven't checked the oil in tranny yet but I did in the rear and was good. It sounds like I bad bearing but IDK. How can I tell what tranny I have when under there? I believe it's the "pukegoat" but is there any markings I need to look for?

My old 2wd Peugeot always got noisier when the fluid level got low (had a leak out the back). You'll need to fashion a square drive to remove the plug. Many owners just take an old 3/8" extension and grind the edges till it fits snug. Make sure you can remove the fill plug before you tackle the drain. You wouldn't be the first that could easily removed the drain plug, but then it took a day to get the fill plug out. :D

I saw your post earlier I'm pretty sure mine is the crap tranny... :mad: sucks!

DC, I know like most trannys make a kinda of wining noise. To be honest you'd just have to drive it to see what I'm talking about. The truck is kinda jerky and just wines and is crap in my book. I hope the oil is low and I'll fill it and hope for the best.....

My old 2wd Peugeot always got noisier when the fluid level got low (had a leak out the back). You'll need to fashion a square drive to remove the plug. Many owners just take an old 3/8" extension and grind the edges till it fits snug. Make sure you can remove the fill plug before you tackle the drain. You wouldn't be the first that could easily removed the drain plug, but then it took a day to get the fill plug out. :D

Yeah I saw a post about this not to long ago. I just hope I get the right plugs removed. That whole post confused the hell out of me when everybody started in on well its this plug no its this plug,,,blah,blah,blah... I'll have to rig some sort of pump for the oil too. may just get a long a$$ tube with a funnel and have the lady fill as I hold it in the hole.

Then it's like mine. Mine is about to explode.

You can fill them by removing the shift tower too, it's easier than trying to get the plug out and ramming a bottle in it.

I forgot about that route.. may be a winner,, at least she will be able to sit down while she pours that honey out , I may put her under the rig and have her hollar when it starts pouring over her head. :brows: hehe

Picture of the BA10 drain/fill plugs - Top Figure -

I use a "suction gun" about $8 and makes is easy to fill, from the top is also easy, if you want to take every thing apart :dunno:

IIRC it takes 2.5 quarts of W80/90 oil to fill the BA10.

And Yes, the BA10 is a "Whiner" in revese :teehee: