XJ Rock Sliders to my MJ

So there's a pretty good deal i saw on CL I would love feedback on before i take the plunge and try to rig this up:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/cary-rustys-rock-sliders-new-old-stock/7165340376.html

00x0x_4nShOzxHaZr_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg.53c873ae5e8943a25fc30e3073e4e862.jpg

I talked to the seller - these are an old style rusty's rock sliders. He said they fit on his XJ. I realize they may not perfectly fit on my MJ but you think i could make them work with some modification?

he said the arms are spaced apart 43" on center. I'm gonna go check them out in a little and hold them up to see if they look like i could make them fit.

Other questions - I can't tell if the little square tubing parallel to the sliders is actually square tubing and maybe meant to replace the original rockers - that wouldn't bother me since my passenger side is trash and has some holes in it. I have a stick welder and a flux wire welder... i realize most people use mig with the gas but i'm wondering if i could hopefully bolt these guys in and then maybe do some tacking to make them stay put. 

Any advice is welcome. For the price i'm very interested. 

100. Could probably talk down to 80, they've been listed awhile. What do you mean the legs are different lengths? Are you saying that from the picture or based on the unibody of the XJ vs. MJ? These were produced by Rusty's but they stopped making this version. I'm hoping they were pretty standard measurements and since we have the same unibody i would think they should be at least similar but idk. 

Ya, the frames between xj and mj are way different. So from the main tube to the frame legs are different.

If i was home id give you measurements of what I build
On My xj sets, the main tubes are 60.5" and my mj main tubes are 71.5" so those will be really short on a swb mj.

And

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Agreed with Krusty... I looked at doing this about 10 years ago, and its easier to start with bare steel and make your own.  Or save up and buy a set meant for MJ's.  The rear of the frame flares out a good bit right at the back of the cab, which throws the XJ rails way off for fitment.  Also, they are really short for even a short bed MJ.

A.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:20 PM, krustyballer16 said:

Was a good price for xj sliders though. I don't care much for how they mount or how small all the tubing is but they'd work

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wait I am still new here and thought when fiat slug said get some from Krusty that was just him referring to Rustys off road. 

So you make sliders 🤔? Take my money 

31 minutes ago, billyblankss said:

Wait I am still new here and thought when fiat slug said get some from Krusty that was just him referring to Rustys off road. 

So you make sliders 🤔? Take my money 

Sorry, yes I meant Krustyballer16, didn't even make the Krusty/Rusty connection. :roflmao: