1JTML63P7JT125824

Krueger

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer

160K miles

4.0L 5sp manual 4x4

Build Date: Could not read the sticker on the door.

Sedalia Colorado

Bought it in pretty good condition, but am going to be doing some work on it.

- Repaint

- Convert from Bench to Bucket seats

- Redo headliner

- Return to factory rims

- Add A/C

- Exterior color is CE (Dark Baltic Poly)

IMG_3674.jpg

*X1  
-SA Charcoal
3LX  
AGJ Driver Assistance Group
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
CKA CARPETS - CLASS I SHORT PILE 8 - 12 OZ
DDQ Transmission - 5-Speed Manual
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GFD SLIDING RR WINDOW
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
JHA WINDSHIELD WIPERS - DELUXE
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
K60 BODY SIDE MOLDINGS - VINYL
LAP FUEL ECONOMY SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
PQ9  
QQ9  
RAB Radio - AM/FM
SBA POWER STEERING
SCE STRG WHL - EURO/SPORT TYPE
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
WJD WHEELS - 15 X 7.0 STYLED STEEL

Build date 1/26/88

Body code JM61

Aw man, I had rims like those on mine, those are factory rims, probably had center caps that said "unique" on them.

Interesting, I figured those were aftermarket rims.  But I see "Styled Steel" above.  I already bought 5 turbine rims to put on it.  I had a 88 Comanche like this as my first car. So working to make this, like that one.  I am looking for an old registration of that one to see if the vin might be on here.  Also funny, it still has that compact spare, also has the factory rear slider, but all the glass is clear.  So the GAC All Windows - Tinted Glass is interesting.

Thanks so much for the info!

IMG_4002.jpg

tinted windows back in the day is not quite what we think of in more modern times. :L: 

the code is correct though, and not recycled.  found it on the back of my build sheet to verify :D 

31 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Aw man, I had rims like those on mine, those are factory rims, probably had center caps that said "unique" on them.

what year?  they look aftermarket to me.  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

what year?  they look aftermarket to me.  :dunno:

I think only the cheapest of cheap Pioneer models got them. CJ's got similar rims but those were popular on those Jeeps. My best guess is 86-88 only saw those rims. They most likely helped bring the cost down. Funny enough is they do not show up in the catalog meaning they weren't meant to be listed or they were just cheap trailer rims. 

I know my grandfather and the PO didnt change anything on mine except the radio. 

37 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I think these are the ones you're thinking of

20190407_140208.jpg

I think youre right Pete, I just remember going to AMC salvage one day with the rims the OP has on and getting a set of Jeep five spokes when the owner asked me what was wrong with my rims. Told him they werent factory and wanted some factory Jeep rims. He told me that the rims I had on were only for very low optioned Jeeps and he has been dealing in the junkyard Jeeps since the late 70's so I took him at his word. Now he could've thought they were CJ rims but that was a few years ago. I know Little Red has the same code as the OP so who knows? 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

I think youre right Pete, I just remember going to AMC salvage one day with the rims the OP has on and getting a set of Jeep five spokes when the owner asked me what was wrong with my rims. Told him they werent factory and wanted some factory Jeep rims. He told me that the rims I had on were only for very low optioned Jeeps and he has been dealing in the junkyard Jeeps since the late 70's so I took him at his word. Now he could've thought they were CJ rims but that was a few years ago. I know Little Red has the same code as the OP so who knows? 

car-part.com has pics of each rim for each year. :L: 

• 8 months later...