3" leaf springs

does anyone make a 3" full leaf pack for the comanche? I'm just not a big fan of aal. any help would be great! thanks

ASSuME you are talking about 3" lift spring pack? If so, Rustys is the only one I know of, unless you want a custom leaf pack. There are many custom vendors.

A custom pack would be best if you have the dough. They can build them so that they ride really nice by using a different spring rate than stock plus that will help flex. If you use thinner leaves it helps with the flex alot. You could possibly find some old leaves from a different truck or SUV that would provde lift when added to your stock pack. I added 2 from an unknown source to help me out with spring rate (thinner) and it seemed to do good. I don't know if you could get 3"s from the JY choice but it would be cheaper. What tires you going up to?? Have you done the numbers to make sure that is the total REAR lift needed?? Not trying to be an A** just trying to see if you might come out ahead with a lower REAR lift and minor trimming if that was an option. Customs are not cheap but they would be your best bet for optimum ride and preformance but some can deal with a ruff ride. The lift springs will be a greater arch and stiffer ride. Again just laying it all out for you to make the best decision. ANd one lst idea might be SOA and a flatter spring pack form a different vehicle. Maybe a stock YJ but I'm not sure of the length and all matching. Hope you get an idea or solution that is good for your MJ.

Cole

well i wanna eliminate the stock leaf pack. It is already SOA and i know putting a 3" lift pack in there is gonna make it have a huge amount of lift but the only thing i can find is a 4" lift pack from rustys. tho its only one inch but still is a noticeable amount at my ride height. Right now i have around 10" of lift in the front and like 5-6 in the rear. tho Its easier for me to just go with the rusty 4", and ill prob do that. Note i am running full widths

Well that changes it all. Now that i got the story i see your looking to go huge not stay small. Fullwidths also change the tune on things. If you have 10 up front the rear may only need 2" or clsoe to that. I think with 4 you will have a shovel nose. My preference is to have the front 1" or so higher than the rear. I like the look plus you aproach angle id a little better. I will assume you are going hardcore offroading so flex with be an issue for rocks. With the rustys 4" it may hurt alittle on flex but with the tire your prob. gonna run you will offset that by alittle with the added wieght of those and the axles have a better pivot further out. I am sure rustys carried a 3 as well but i havent been on there in awhile. Another consideration is axle wrap you might need stifer springs to help kill it down. I am not sure if a full length AAL for a 2" lift and then maybe a 3/4" shackle lift wouldnt be a bad option. you will obtain the added stiffness and the shackle lift will help out some with flex for those big tires and axles. A longer shackle can be a good asset for a huge lift cause mine with 7"s come close to maxing out at full flex on a ramp so who knows on a ditch or somehting where opisite tires are up. you may need them a touch longer but maybe not the 1.5"s it would take for the 3/4 lift. Just throwing some options. Maybe Motion offroad or one of the less known vendors have a 3" pack we are forgetting?? Good luck I would like to see the build thread for your rig if you get a chance also.

Cole

well i wanna eliminate the stock leaf pack. It is already SOA and i know putting a 3" lift pack in there is gonna make it have a huge amount of lift but the only thing i can find is a 4" lift pack from rustys. tho its only one inch but still is a noticeable amount at my ride height. Right now i have around 10" of lift in the front and like 5-6 in the rear. tho Its easier for me to just go with the rusty 4", and ill prob do that. Note i am running full widths

http://www.generalspringkc.com/leaf_spr ... anche.html

does anyone make a 3" full leaf pack for the comanche? I'm just not a big fan of aal. any help would be great! thanks

what is wrong with the AAL i think they work great . iv got a 4" AAL on a SOA and it works for me but if u insist i heard of someone on here that used the rustys but took out the bottom leaf for a net of 3" .

what is wrong with the AAL i think they work great . iv got a 4" AAL on a SOA and it works for me but if u insist i heard of someone on here that used the rustys but took out the bottom leaf for a net of 3" .

$500MJ did this to net 4" SUA

thats where i got the idea

AAL adds more stress to the pack and causes premature sag, for the guy who asked up there.

Go with Rustys or Alcan.

Rustys if you have any adjustment up frnot and could use an ACOS or poly..

Alcan if youre dead set on your front end and want the best built packs you can find.

RDK,

I have a set of 3 inch rear springs that we prototyped on our truck. You can have them for the actual UPS Ground shipping. No warranty though on prototypes.

Didn't work out as a prototype?

I am in the process of trying to figure out what lift to do and 3 inch was high on my list as well. Going SOA just requires to much (cost) on the front end for a primarily beach truck that will only see some light trails. Everything I'm seeing seems to be in the 4.5 to 6.5 range and I've been surprised at the lack of a 3 inch setup being available (with exception of the aal, which isn't my favorite option).

Hi, Colorfinger,

Yes, they worked fine and gave us exactly 3 inches of lift under the axle. We just haven't put the rest of the kit together yet. We are currently running our 4.5" springs under the axle, and Lead Not Follow is testing our 6.5 inch springs for us.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi, Colorfinger,

Yes, they worked fine and gave us exactly 3 inches of lift under the axle. We just haven't put the rest of the kit together yet. We are currently running our 4.5" springs under the axle, and Lead Not Follow is testing our 6.5 inch springs for us.

Thanks,

Tom

Nice, I should be in the market in the near future, hit me up a PM with your shops info if you ship. I've started out priceing what it will take to do a 3 or 4.5 lift and what all parts I'll need so I can figure out a time table for making purchases.

• 5 weeks later...
RDK,

I have a set of 3 inch rear springs that we prototyped on our truck. You can have them for the actual UPS Ground shipping. No warranty though on prototypes.

How much front lift are these working with. I have a RE 3.5" Super Ride kit and need springs for the rear, but I was afraid that these may be a little too tall.

Did RDK ever take you up on this offer? If not...I sure would...that way I don't have a bunch of money in to taking a chance ;) .