My 88 Comanche Story and project

That is just awesome, everything! Glad you are keeping it stock. I can't believe the condition of that driver's seat. We are all so glad you jumped in and saved this one from being junked. 

Buck.

I have always been a fan of the MJ. I f they weren't so rare, I throw some Dana 44s, lift, 35s, etc... and make an awesome off raider. I t's worth more to me stock. I will find a Cherokee or something to build up and go off road with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yesterday went sideways fast......
I started to replace both front axle outer u joints, the torsion bar mounts and the stabilizer shock.
I soaked the bolts with some penetrating oil, let them set for a bit, then begun the disassembly.
1) Three out of the four bolts for the torsion bar broke off in the frame and I broke off 2 dill bits off and decided to work on it today.
2) I couldn't get the axle shaft out of the hub so I tried to press it out and screwed up the threads spindle
3) Nobody has the outer axle shaft or a die to recut the threads for pickup near me

So, armed with my new Carbide bits and a little more knowledge and hopefully more patients, I am heading over to try my lu CB k today drilling out the bolts.

Well yesterday was a success!! After breaking 8 more drill bits off, I was able to get the broken bolts drilled out.

Since I couldn't press the spindle shaft out of the hub with a 20 ton press. I decided to just replace both of the hub assemblies, spindle shafts and outer u-joints.

Ordered OEM spicer shafts, hubs with Timken bearings. Hubs arrive today. Shafts arrive Monday. So she will be back on the road Monday