Manual transmission plugs

Hey everybody. I just picked up my first jeep a couple weeks ago and have been working out some little bugs. I do not come from a mechanical family and I've had to slowly learn everything myself that's why I'm asking this question. Currently my 5 speed transmission is making whining sounds when in gear and I've been told its probably low fluid that's causing this. However, for the life of me I cannot find the fill or drain plugs on my transmission. I've looked in the Haynes manual and can't figure out which transmission I have either... Thanks in advance! 

You have a BA 10/5 if it hasn't been swapped out. Look for two plugs with square drive centers, those are them. Fill to the bottom of the upper plug. This was just recently answered (in more detail) but I can't find the thread. Good luck.

EDIT: found the thread, at the end.

Make sure you can open the fill plug BEFORE you try the drain plug, if the fill plug is seized you can fill from the vent hole below the shifter (I think it's mentioned in the link)

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Drain plug location (rwd ba 10/5)

98ee15d917280c48b34e74be6cd9e424.jpg

14 hours ago, Albertaboy said:

Hey everybody. I just picked up my first jeep a couple weeks ago and have been working out some little bugs. I do not come from a mechanical family and I've had to slowly learn everything myself that's why I'm asking this question. Currently my 5 speed transmission is making whining sounds when in gear and I've been told its probably low fluid that's causing this. However, for the life of me I cannot find the fill or drain plugs on my transmission. I've looked in the Haynes manual and can't figure out which transmission I have either... Thanks in advance! 

you're looking for a couple 10mm square drive plugs.  :L:  I ground down an old 3/8" extension to fit mine.