Most interesting thing you’ve hauled with your MJ

89 MJ

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

12 years ago. :))

LMAO.......guess I could have looked at my own photo! In my defense, I was looking for the picture as a thumbnail in a folder with lots of pictures, no way I would have seen the date until I posted. Still.......duh!

On 5/7/2020 at 4:33 PM, thecodemonk said:

A new heart and new legs...I mean new engine/trans and axles that ended up in the jeep that hauled it home.

Haul-Engine.jpg.28053a3b07d212fd6a5ce7e40772f284.jpg

Haul-Axles.jpg.f2bf488a22cffc979783f7c938969841.jpg

What did you get your axles out of? Did you use these on your LS build?

Thanks

What did you get your axles out of? Did you use these on your LS build?

Thanks
Spalding's junkyard here in Spokane. Front axle is a superduty Dana 60 from a newer f350, rear is a 14 bolt from a Silverado 2500hd.

They were installed a few months after the LS :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

Spalding's junkyard here in Spokane. Front axle is a superduty Dana 60 from a newer f350, rear is a 14 bolt from a Silverado 2500hd.

They were installed a few months after the LS :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nice, how are they? Anything special done to them?

10 minutes ago, 87Chief said:

Nice, how are they? Anything special done to them?

Nothing hugely special.  The point, for me, was to be able to get most of the parts from any parts store or junkyard.  As cool as custom or rare axles are (like A Wagoneer Dana 44 that I had on my XJ), getting parts for them are a pain.  These two axles are very common.

Front axle has an artec truss and warn hubs.  Front knuckles has Artec's weld-on high-steer setup as well to give me easy crossover steering with Ruff Stuff's 7/8ths heim steering kit and, of course, a ruff stuff diff cover. Since OEM has 35 splines inner and outer and giant dual piston brakes, there's not much in the way of upgrades needed for strength.  Fun fact: At full lock, I can turn significantly tighter on this, even with 35" tires when compared to the dana 30 on 33's.

Rear axle was shaved with a TMR kit but the ring gear was left alone and has the ruff stuff simple swap kit for perches and shock mounts.

Otherwise, just refreshed all seals on them.