Finished, for now

How do you think it turned out?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think it turned out?

• Yeah, I'd drive it!
    • That thing ought to be burned to the ground!

• 2 weeks later...
I think I've looked at this thing probably everyother day since I first saw. Finally printed off the pictures. I love it. I want it.

Everything is for sale!

WHAT?! Is it in the classifieds?

No, it isn't listed in the classifieds. I was just stating that everything has a price that it can be bought for. If you are serious, make me an offer. All I can say is no.

Right now the truck is in the shop having the oil leak fixed, it was so bad you could watch it running out. I didn't have the time or patience to fix it, so I'm having it done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is the new front clip a bolt on deal or ? I want to swap one over on mine also. Did you use 97 up hood and fenders or just the front facia?

The fenders are different, but the hoods are the same. You will need a new headlight header and headlight doors. I found the parts pretty cheap on ebay.

Is the new front clip a bolt on deal or ? I want to swap one over on mine also. Did you use 97 up hood and fenders or just the front facia?

The fenders are different, but the hoods are the same. You will need a new headlight header and headlight doors. I found the parts pretty cheap on ebay.

I replaced the fenders, header panel, grille, headlight buckets, turn signals, and side markers. Hoods are the same. You can use the stock fenders, but they don't have the same contour as the header panel.

I bought all of my parts aftermarket, brand new parts really cheap. You will also have to do some work to the wiring harness for the headlights, turn signals, and side markers. I got a complete frt harness from the junkyard, spliced the new plugs onto my factory harness. The only thing I would change, I would get a factory header panel from a junkyard. The aftermarket one I used didn't fit very well with the hood. I couldn't find one at the local yard that wasn't damaged.

• 3 months later...
what does BOB the bed mean... i have seen this in a bunch of threads and even some before and after shots... i CANNOT figure it out? i thought BOBing it was similar to dovenose-ing? wth

sorry for my ignor-a-moose

-nick

Bob the bed means it used to be a long bed and now its not! He modified the rear of the box.

Since since some newer members haven't seen your gorgeous truck, and I had questions, I thought I'd bring this back up.

What did you do with that funky "X" crossmember to bob the bed?

Where's the exhaust?

Did you sell this yet?

Sorry, I haven't checked in on this in awhile.

I cut off the back "legs" of the X, then tied box tubing back into it from my new corners. If I would have planned the cuts alittle better, I could have just butted my new crossmember up to the factory pieces, but it turned out strong, just would've been cleaner. The exhaust is in the factory location, but redone with a straight, flat tailpipe.

No, I haven't sold it yet. I've just been driving it, but I have three trucks, so it doesn't get driven much. My dog prefers the comforts of the other two. :D I still need to finish fabbing my drivers side rocker guard and finish the interior panels. I'll entertain reasonable offers if you know someone interested.

The only thing I would change on the truck is I probably would have only put 33s on it. They don't rub, but with 192,000 on it, the 4.0 would have been happier, even with the 4.56s. All in all, the truck turned out better than I thought it would. It'll run down the interstate at 75 mph and you can let go of the steering wheel. Wheel it, and at the end of the day, drive it home.

what does BOB the bed mean... i have seen this in a bunch of threads and even some before and after shots... i CANNOT figure it out? i thought BOBing it was similar to dovenose-ing? wth

sorry for my ignor-a-moose

-nick

As for the bobbing, I cut out a 15" section of the bed behind the rear wheelwells, then put it back together. You can see it better in the pics on the first page. The whole point was to shorten the rear overhang to increase departure angle. And it looks cool.

• 6 months later...